Buffer Size affecting Xfer LFO Tool timing??

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Funklestiltskin

Buffer Size affecting Xfer LFO Tool timing??

Post by Funklestiltskin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 am

Hey all, I'm working on a song and am almost complete with it, but the session is getting pretty heavy with loads of plugins and what not. Since I'm not recording anything live, i cranked the buffer size up to max (now its around 450), and noticed that the sidechain compression effect I'm using via the Xfer LFO Tool to modulate the tracks volume is now different from what it was with lower buffer size settings. The timing of the bouncing effect seems to have shifted as I brought the buffer size up. When I say shifted, I mean that the bass that is being sidechained is now playing on the downbeat and squashed on the offbeat... the opposite of what I'm going for. Can anyone think of why it may be doing this or what I can do to correct it?

I am on a macbook pro, running the latest version of ableton live 8, with an mbox2 for an interface.

I'm struggling to find ways to keep my session running smoothly as I load it up with more plugins and tracks. Are there any tips, other than freezing tracks, anyone can give me to keep my session going without those annoying clicks and pops and such? What I've tried so far is freezing any tracks I'm not still messing with at the moment, and turning the buffer size up when I'm not recording midi or audio. Are there any other tips out there I may be missing?

Thanks

Funklestiltskin

Re: Buffer Size affecting Xfer LFO Tool timing??

Post by Funklestiltskin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 pm

anyone?...