Issue With ALL Instruments + Video

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
iamblackk

Issue With ALL Instruments + Video

Post by iamblackk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 am

So I posted regarding this issue a while back HERE, and have since not found a resolution, but found something strange, but possibly easier for people to help figure out?

What I've come to figure out is ALL the instruments hang. Now this doesn't happen all the time. For a few days I was able to play around with various instruments without the issue arising. Now tonight, I open it up and start working on something and the issue is there again. HERE's the video of my work space. I apologize for no sound. Bandicam typically picks up the sound on my interface, but not with Ableton. You can still see a clear visual of the important aspects of this topic; The drum sequence bars, instrument bar and the device [midi controller] / midi view.

In the video you'll notice the clip is looping and all the drums aspects are hitting appropriately. And then @ :24 I engage Massive with one hit and the note hangs and never releases until I press stop. I hit keys a few times which you should see in the midi section and the note didn't change at all [no fluctuation in the EQ bar]. But other than that, nothing. When I engage the instrument the drum sequence DOES NOT change in quality. It continues to loop in the very quality of sound it started at. So it isn't a direct sound card issue which I initially thought it was. Could this be a device setting in Ableton? Might anyone have anything I could try in order to fix this? I REALLY hope someone can assist because I'm losing hope and starting to think I'm out $500.

iamblackk

Re: Issue With ALL Instruments + Video

Post by iamblackk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I guess no dice? Wasted $500?

interpolate

Post by interpolate » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

This does not happen to me or any of my friend using Ableton.The fact that this happens with Massive seems to imply that its not Ableton centric.

My guess, based on the behavior, is that its either related to your RAM or hard drive. Where is your MIDI device plugged into? Your soundcard or USB? If soundcard, check your latency settings.
Ableton Suite 8 & Max4Live

iamblackk

Post by iamblackk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:06 pm

interpolate wrote:This does not happen to me or any of my friend using Ableton.The fact that this happens with Massive seems to imply that its not Ableton centric.

My guess, based on the behavior, is that its either related to your RAM or hard drive. Where is your MIDI device plugged into? Your soundcard or USB? If soundcard, check your latency settings.
It happens with Ableton's stock instruments too. My computer exceeds the minimum requirements [computer specifications]. The minimum is 2 GB RAM; I'm running 6 GB RAM.

[edit]

It's odd. I run much bigger DAW's than Ableton. Pro Tools alone is such a CPU hog, and my computer runs it without an issue. The issue is ONLY with the VST's...