VSTI files (.dll) not showing up in Plug-In folder.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
uluculgen

VSTI files (.dll) not showing up in Plug-In folder.

Post by uluculgen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey guys, this is an interesting dilemma. I have a bunch of .dll files in my plugin folder and yes, some of them show up, but most others such as native instruments stuff like absynth massive, or even lexicon reverbs etc. don't show (oddly enough, kontakt 5 is visible). What could this probably be? I know everything is installed properly, help would be appreciated! thanks a bunch.

uluculgen

Re: VSTI files (.dll) not showing up in Plug-In folder.

Post by uluculgen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:27 pm

anyone? :(

dentaku

Post by dentaku » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm

It IS strange...
Are these the 32bit versions or the 64bit versions?
64bit VST's won't show up in Live.

uluculgen

Post by uluculgen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Wow! I can't believe i didn't think about that ( sorry i'm pretty new to all of this! ) Thanks a lot!.. Is there anyway you can switch between the VSTIS of 64 bit and 32 bit with a click of a button? It's hard having to constantly go back and forth between two folders since not all my plugins are 64 bit.

golemus

Post by golemus » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

uluculgen wrote:Wow! I can't believe i didn't think about that ( sorry i'm pretty new to all of this! ) Thanks a lot!.. Is there anyway you can switch between the VSTIS of 64 bit and 32 bit with a click of a button? It's hard having to constantly go back and forth between two folders since not all my plugins are 64 bit.
I suppose that the best would be to put 32 and 64 bit plugins to separate folders or that is how I did it. Just in case to avoid problems.

Btw. I used to have the same problem even with 32 bit plugins for some very mysterious reason. Never knew why but usually Live found the plugin eventually when I put it to different folder in the VST hierarchy.