All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help Live wont Recall my MIDI mapping!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:18 am 

Hi, I have a basic live set I am trying to rehearse for with a vocalist.
Basically, all I am doing is controlling various effects by MIDI mapping the knobs on my E-Mu X-Board to various parameters in the project file.
I read somewhere that I had to save this project as a template to ensure that MIDI mapping would be saved and my controller would automatically work next time I opened live. So I tried that, and it didn't work.
So I open Live, and Live reads that my controller is connected, and the MIDI mapping is all saved, but the controller knobs aren't automatically doing what they're supposed to and I actually need to delete the MIDI mapping and re-map everything, including minimum and maximum values before it works again.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

PLEASE HELP.

Post subject: Re: Help Live wont Recall my MIDI mapping!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 am 

In addition, it did work once before where I closed live, re-opened it and the mapping was saved.
But twice now I've run into this problem where I open live and it doesn't work.

Also, I've checked the MIDI settings, everything is ON.

I need to figure this out soon, promoters are interested in booking us for shows and I need to be able to rely on Live to work properly.

Is it just the EMU xboard?
Should I get a more expensive controller or something?
Can anyone recommend a controller that automaps with live and has at least 16 knobs/sliders.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]