Live crash and now no sound?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
eric_c

Live crash and now no sound?

Post by eric_c » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:52 pm

So I was working on a track, playing with some effects, when suddenly Live crashes, giving me the serious program error. I try and and reopen the file after rebooting, and it won't open, it automatically crashes live. So, I do the trick of opening live and disabling audio. That doesn't work. So, I assume it's due to my effects. I disable my effects this time, and the file opens fine. I delete the effect that I had added and was playing with before the crash, save my file as a new one (just to be safe), turn my effects and audio back on, then restart Ableton. My file opens now, however when I play it I get NO sound out of Ableton. Everything is registering fine, I have my main output going to an ASIO channel on my EMU 1820 as usual, yet I'm getting NO sound. Everything registers in Ableton, but not in my EMU patchmix, so for some reason it seems like sound just isn't making it's way to my sound card mixer. What in the world?

Even when I start a new Ableton file from scratch and bring in new samples, I get no sound.

matheo

Post by matheo » Mon May 02, 2005 8:40 am

Did you try to re-install your audio card?
Toshiba P10, RME Multiface, UC-33, Kaoss-PAD

www.175workshop.com - The down side of Nu-jazz

eric_c

Post by eric_c » Mon May 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Actually, I ended up just using a different ASIO channel for my output from Ableton and it worked fine... after a while of working I tried changing it back to the original one, and it worked again... weird. =P

AndrewDuke

Post by AndrewDuke » Thu May 05, 2005 3:32 pm

eric_c wrote:Actually, I ended up just using a different ASIO channel for my output from Ableton and it worked fine... after a while of working I tried changing it back to the original one, and it worked again... weird. =P
make sure all your audio drivers are updated. andrew