Live and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger compatibility

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Alex

Live and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger compatibility

Post by Alex » Tue May 03, 2005 9:44 pm

Dear all,

we would like to announce that the latest version of Live (4.1.2) is
compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 alias Tiger. Based on our internal tests
we found everything working ok so far.

But as an audio application we also depend on the functionality of third party
hard and software like audio & midi interfaces or effect/instrument plug-ins.
Therefore we would ask you to give us feedback about possible problems related to Mac OS X 10.4.

If you decide to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.4 please get sure that your used
audio & midi hardware and your favorite plug-ins are compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 too.

Kind Regards,
Alex
Last edited by Alex on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound » Thu May 26, 2005 10:29 pm

I have been running Live with Tiger for a few weeks now - I use Motu hardware and they had drivers up for Tiger. Also, luckily, the beta driver for my Midex 8 also made the transition.

What changes did they make to the core audio and midi portions of the OS? I am interested to know - it seems like the uprgade from Panther was not as drastic as the one to Panther from Jaguar.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic » Sun May 29, 2005 11:46 pm

Does Live Tiger compatible utilize the new Quicktime 7 time stretching algorithms? I hear they are much improved.

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Mon May 30, 2005 2:04 pm

Ashermusic wrote:Does Live Tiger compatible utilize the new Quicktime 7 time stretching algorithms? I hear they are much improved.
Live uses its own algorhythms.

head

Post by head » Tue May 31, 2005 10:47 pm

interestingly, the rewire 413 problem is definitely a problem with Panther on my G5, but NOT with Tiger on my G4 PB...

H
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

milesahead

Post by milesahead » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:52 pm

i have some serious troubles since i use tiger. i own a m-audio firewire soundcard, and that thing has a strange behaviour. it crashes my G5 some times, and some times it works just great. with my laptop it works like a champ. (windows)
but from start:
i updated to tiger, updated the m-audio driver and startet using it.
first, i recorded several of my lp`s into the firewire and G5 - no problems. for 3 days or so, several hours.
then i started cutting some loops (about 500) - using the firewire backwards: means, sound from G5 , app is bias peak 4, into f/w - into mixer (allen & heath) - and it let my G5 crash some times. i unplugged the inputs, thinking they would mess up , cause they are both using the mixer each way, but still : crashes every now and then. i re-installed m-audio drivers several times, no luck.
what else could be the problem - and where could i get some help?