Strange problem with Live....happened overnight!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sausagefingers

Strange problem with Live....happened overnight!!!

Post by sausagefingers » Thu May 05, 2005 8:25 pm

Hi, new user, first post....greetings.

I've been using Live for just a few days now and so far havn't had any problems until this evening when I launched Live (v4.1.2). The application launched as usual but as soon as I tried to open a Live Set from the file menu it generated a DLL error which terminated the program.

This is a Rewire DLL error the context of which follows: D:\Projects\ReWireDLL\Portable\ReWireDLL.ccp(980) : VERIFY failure

I'm assuming that this problem has occured because I was running Reason (demo) for a while alongside Live (not very successfully I might add) and at one point I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to actually recover the PC from quite an unstable state. I may be wrong...

Anyway, I have since re-installed a new copy of Live over the top of the original installation and things are no better. Also de-activated VST folder in case it happened to be something simple like a rogue plugin.... no better.

The strange part about this is the directory structure/tree in the error bears no resemblence to any such structure on my machine. Sheesh! Drive D: is my CDRom and I dont have a 'projects' folder?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sausagefingers (A.K.A Fingus O'Sausage)

sausagefingers

Problem sorted! :o)

Post by sausagefingers » Sun May 08, 2005 9:52 am

Just in case anybody runs into the same problems I did, here is the cure.

Make sure there are NO ReWire.dll version mis-matches. In my case the ReWire.dll version in my Cubase directly didn't agree with the version installed on my system via Live. Result = Chaos!

Live runs perfectly well now I have swapped-out the old ReWire.dll in my Cubase directory.

Hope this might be of help to somebody.

sausagefingers

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 am

Hey mate

I have this exact same problem right now and it has made ableton un-usable on my laptop.

If you're still posting on these forums, how did you stop Ableton from trying to read that file on D:\Projects\ReWireDLL\Portable\ReWireDLL.ccp

Also, how did you make sure there were no rewire version mis-matches?

cheers

Greg