Emu and Live4 - Incompatible

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
steelcitysi

Emu and Live4 - Incompatible

Post by steelcitysi » Sat May 14, 2005 5:00 pm

Anybody tried using any Emu hardware (1820 and 1820m) with the hardware-assisted effects and noticed it completely doesn't work within Live 4?

Well, it doesn't crash but it sounds like the audio has been mangled to death, it's barely recognizable when you run dry audio through the Emu PowerFX. A salesman told me that he couldn't get Emu's built-in effects to work in Live 4 either, but that he really didn't spend too much time on it.

It's really frustrating, because the Emu works perfectly within Cakewalk, Logic, and Cubase, so I'm wondering what does Live 4 do that's so different from the big guys? It also doesn't look like it's been implemented into 4.1.3, so I'm just going to have to wait....AARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iskandar

Post by iskandar » Sun May 15, 2005 7:31 am

emu have stated that they only fully support cubase in regards to this, all other sequencers are just try and see what happens...

pretty pathetic...

steelcitysi

Post by steelcitysi » Sun May 15, 2005 8:47 pm

Is that an official Emu stance (they only support Cubase fully)? Do you have a link or email where Emu said that, because then I will return all my Emu products immediately. You're right, that is absolutely pathetic if that is the case!

Emu seems to be pointing the finger at Ableton. I didn't believe Emu until I tried these other sequencers and found it to work.

It seems that this issue is possibly correctable at the software level without requiring new hardware drivers if Live will mimic the other big sequencer's ways of handling hardware-assisted effects.

iskandar

Post by iskandar » Tue May 17, 2005 8:49 am

someone on KVR posted it after they contacted them about problems they had with the drivers/features not working... there are many threads about EMU product on KVR.. do you still have the box for the product ? im pretty sure it states on there in the "recommended system" that only cubase is written there...