looping a sample that overhangs a beat

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
n8tron

looping a sample that overhangs a beat

Post by n8tron » Thu May 26, 2005 9:00 pm

I'm making a loop of a guitar part. it starts on beat 2 and then the end hangs over to beat 2 and restarts. so essentially I want playback to start initially on beat 1 and then loop from beat 2 to beat 2 after that. How can I accomplish this?

AmazingRuss

Post by AmazingRuss » Fri May 27, 2005 4:15 am

I think I have the exact same question. I am doing a slow single strum of a chord at the beginning of a measure...and to make ti sound right, the strum starts before the measure does, and reaches its peak on the exact beginning of the measure.

I was able to put the lead-in at the end of my clip, which works fine after the first time through, but the first time has the beginning of the strum chopped off and sounds bad.

AmazingRuss

Post by AmazingRuss » Fri May 27, 2005 4:28 am

Figured it out....once you set the beginning and end of your loop, making sure the total length is the size of a measure, you can move the offset to where you want the loop to start.

Had been trying this, but my loop was one beat too long and throwing it all off.

My explanation may leave something to be desired, but I can send you an image of my loop if you want.