POST YOUR TRACK/EFX COUNT Audio cutting out_MAC867_MOTU8

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
robot909

POST YOUR TRACK/EFX COUNT Audio cutting out_MAC867_MOTU828

Post by robot909 » Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:56 pm

I' running a mac g4 867 1.5 gig ram and a motu 828.

In Live, in this example, I have about 10 tracks, and about 12 (ableton plugins) and three vst plugins. Once I add too many plugins, the system stops audio.

Is this the 828's problem or am I running too many plugins? ( I tried setting the samples per buffer on the 828 to 1024, still same thing)

Can people post their track/efx count per machine?

thanks!

point_misser

track/fx count

Post by point_misser » Sun Feb 10, 2002 1:40 am

this wouldn't be very useful unless people actually told you which plug-ins they were using. some vst fx use a lot of cpu, while others use only very little. to perform a test like this everyone would have to load as many instances as possible of one and the same plug-in...

point_misser

track/fx count

Post by point_misser » Sun Feb 10, 2002 1:41 am

this wouldn't be very useful unless people actually told you which plug-ins they were using. some vst fx use a lot of cpu, while others use only very little. to perform a test like this everyone would have to load as many instances as possible of one and the same plug-in...

gw

track/fx count

Post by gw » Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:59 am

i'm running a 400mhz g4 powerbook w/ the 828 and i'm experiencing similar performance issues. i'm able to run only a few ableton plugins before audio cuts out, the processor meter drops to 0, and the overload meter does not stay lit. i'm beginning to think that the problem lies in compatability between live and the 828. i'll try running my tascam us-428 (usb audio/midi interface) instead of the 828 and i'll let you know how things turn out.