Live Lite Problem. Any Bit of Help Appreciated.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Austin

Live Lite Problem. Any Bit of Help Appreciated.

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:43 pm

Hey guys. I recently bought an M-Audio Trigger Finger, a USB drum controller. Anyhow, it came with Ableton Live Lite 4. I'm hoping that it's similar to the regular Live and that you guys can help me. Also, I'm running on a PowerBook G4.

Here's the situation: I plug my trigger finger in via USB. Now, I can see that Live is recieving its input. Up in the corner, the input meter is flashing. However, no sound is produced, there's no output. I've switched outputs, played with audio preference, read manuals, everything. Nothing helps. Please help. All I need is some sound output.
I need help with Ableton*.

*Live Lite.

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:25 pm

three things you need to do..

1. place an 'instrument' such as simpler into a track by dragging it from the live browser to the name of the track.

2. load a sound into said 'instrument' by selecting a preset from the instrument's title bar.

3. in the track where your instrument lies, switch the monitoring button from 'auto' to on.

you should hear something when you hit your trigger finger.

just remember: the controller makes no sounds of its own. all it does is pass on a message to live that says, 'x button was pressed with x verlocity at x time'. you have to tell live what to do with that message.

Austin

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:47 pm

Awesome. Thank you very much. I'll try those things, and hopefully it will work. I'm just not sure, I've had little luck with the program.
I need help with Ableton*.

*Live Lite.