Rewire

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
zendo

Rewire

Post by zendo » Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:15 pm

Wie kann ich Rebirth/Reason per Rewire in Live einbinden? Das klappt bei mir nicht. Das sollte doch wie in Cubase funktionieren, oder? Leider höre ich jedoch Rebirth dann gar nicht.
zendo

Ableton admin

Post by Ableton admin » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:53 pm

ok,...ein blick in die anleitung wirkt da manchmal auch wunder ;)
step 1: live starten
step 2: rebirth starten
szep 3: in live in einem track als input type rebirth wählen+
step 4: nun sind rote aufnahme punkte in den tracks und wenn du den live oder rebirth startest, solltest du auch was hören.

zendo

Post by zendo » Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:15 am

Danke. Manchmal ist ein Forum der unkompliziertere Weg. Zum Thema Rewire war das Handbuch nicht sehr ergiebig. Ich habe einmal versucht Rebirth einzubinden (eigentlich so, wie Du vorgeschlagen hast) und nichts war zu hören. Ich versuch´s am Wochenende nochmal.
Eine andere Frage: So etwas wie das Benutzen von Master-Plugins (ala Cubase), die dann auf alle Spuren zugreifen gibt es wohl nicht in Live, oder?
zendo

TOF

Please be readable !

Post by TOF » Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:38 pm

PLEASE WRITE YOUR MESSAGE IN ENGLISH !!!
:evil:

Thanks.

Tof

Sinon moi aussi j'peux me mettre a parler a mes potes les Franchouilards ! non mais !
;)

zendo

Post by zendo » Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:15 am

d´accord.

kleine

MASTER Effects...

Post by kleine » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:09 pm

You can place fx on the MASTER TRACK
like on all other tracks ! -> select master
track and double click on the effect you wish to have....voila! -
:!:

zendo

Rewire

Post by zendo » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:47 am

Thanks for the tip, I´ll try that.
I also solved my Rewire problem by installing a Cubase update, without even having Cubase on my Laptop! At first I only had the newest versions of Live & Rebirth installed and Rewire did not work at all!
Is there some sort of Rewire software independent from other software (maybe someting like DirectX) to ensure that I´m always having the newest version of Rewire installed or should that be delivered with Rebirth anyway?

mark0

Rewire

Post by mark0 » Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:58 am

zendo wrote: Thanks for the tip, I´ll try that.
I also solved my Rewire problem by installing a Cubase update, without even having Cubase on my Laptop! At first I only had the newest versions of Live & Rebirth installed and Rewire did not work at all!
Is there some sort of Rewire software independent from other software (maybe someting like DirectX) to ensure that I´m always having the newest version of Rewire installed or should that be delivered with Rebirth anyway?
Hi - where did you get the Cubase update? - I too cannot get rebirth and Live working together. I can hear Live, but Rebirth is silent and the sounddevice under preferences is blank (and non-editable). Can you help me?

1 more question - has anyone else found that changes in the fx on the master channel (e.g. on / off changes) do not seem to be recorded? ie. I listen to my mix in the arranger window afterwards, but the fx don't change....??? :D

Damonv

Rewire

Post by Damonv » Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:32 am

I am getting a message that Rewire is an old version when trying to use Rebirth with Live. I have the latest version of Rebirth, has anyone else had this message come up?

Damon

mark0

Post by mark0 » Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:35 am

I also had a few problems with different versions of rewire, but this will work: -> install the reason demo - this will install the latest 'rewire.dll' file into your windows (or windows/system) folder on your computer and should work.

A hint - if you get it to work this way - keep a copy of the latest 'rewire.dll' file somewhere else on your computer, just in case you install other versions of rebirth or reason (because everytime you install propellerheads software the rewire file is overwritten - perhaps by a corrupt or dodgy one).

hope this helps - quite a long winded answer i know. :D

mark0 *UK

Damonv

Rewire

Post by Damonv » Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:50 pm

Thanks Marco that seems to have done the trick. Rebirth is working fine and adds a whole new dimension to Live.

Damon :D