5.01 render sounds wrong

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
elemental

5.01 render sounds wrong

Post by elemental » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:19 am

My rendered track sounds completely off, I mean one of the kicks (Battery2) is panned hard right and seems to be flamming slightly, also Operator clicks on the first note it plays.

This is really annoying as I dont have enough CPU to record the song live, so I need render but it sounds like crap!

Also, I got a crash after changing buffer size (think this has happened to someone else also).

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:05 pm

Hi elemental,

we know that plug-ins can behave different when using render because they can not separate between realtime and non-realtime calculation.
So the only workaround would be to record this track using resample.

Concerning the Operator, does it "clicks" in the rendered file only or also when you play it?

regards,
Alex

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi

Ok, i'll have to resample anyway - is this is a Battery2 issue?

about the operator click, its just on the first note. After that it sounds fine. Happens on render only. Operator is also going thru grain delay.

Cheers

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi elemental,
Ok, i'll have to resample anyway - is this is a Battery2 issue?
It could be but we do not want to blame anybody without proof, NI less than ever. We know some reports where users have problem when render tracks containing a Battery instance. As a sampler Battery has to make audio file access during it's audio calculation. So depending on the presets and the used audio files in battery this might be a reason why it behaves different in a non-realtime operation. In contrast to a pure instrument without audio file access (a simple syn th for instance).

We know that other program have options like "Render in real-time". Probably we will have something related too in the future. For now it is the safest way to resample as (uncomfortable) workaround.

about the operator click, its just on the first note. After that it sounds fine. Happens on render only. Operator is also going thru grain delay.
Could you make a copy of this Live set and reduce so that it only contains Ableton effect devices and if possible only MIDI clips?
Then you could send me the Live set so that we can try to reproduce it?
Do you get this first note click each time you render or just from time to time?

regards,
Alex

kineticUk

Operator Clicks

Post by kineticUk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:56 pm

I am having a similar problem since upgrading to live 5.
When I record operator clips into audio tracks, it clicks on the first note.I was just messing about with operator and tried to make a tune just using operator and every track I record has this problem.
I still have the set if you can help.
Its messed my flow up cause I usually record my instrument parts to loops to save cpu and it used to work great.I also had problems doing the same to drums I had in phatmatik pro.Is there a setting I need to adjust so that it cuts the audio loops in exactly the same place as the midi loops.
When the operator loops get to the end of the loop and repeat they sound fine, I think this is because the fade setting is activated but its not much help anyway as the click is there whenever you trigger a clip.
Can anyone help?
Ableton?

kineticUk

Operator Clicks

Post by kineticUk » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:04 am

Forgot to add.
There are only clicks once I record the operator clips into audio.The midi tracks playback and sound perfect still with no click at the beginning.

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:15 pm

Hi kineticUk,

so you have this click only in the recorded audio file and it happens each time when you record this certain track?

And yes, please mail me the Live set together with you forum name and the name/link of this thread.

regards,
Alex