Sets don't unfold or can't be dragged in.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
webslave

Sets don't unfold or can't be dragged in.

Post by webslave » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Definitely a bug this one.

I have two views on things - a library view and a file view. No idea how to use the library as I'm happy with the file way of things.

One of the new features of 5 is supposed to be.

"In the Browser, Live Sets (.als files) can
be “unfolded” to reveal their tracks and clips"

And so my .als files have a little arrow beside them. I click on this, they point down and, er, nothing. It also says I can drag these into an opened set. Nope - get a 'no can do' icon if I try to do this.

What I'm trying to do is merge two tracks - one with all the drum parts, one with a rough mix of the drums and all the other parts.

Is this possible besides copy and pasting each track in Live 5? At the moment it looks impossible.

Stew Dean

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Hi webslave,

[quote]"In the Browser, Live Sets (.als files) can
be “unfolded” to reveal their tracks and clips"[/quote]
Unfortunately this is only valid for Session tracks but not for arranger tracks.
Of course it is already on the list and will be come in a future version of Live.

regards,
Alex

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:59 pm

I realised this a while back. I do a lot of work in the arranger. I just "control A" to select everything in the arranger and drag it onto the session view via the selector in the top right. Save, then the live set unfolds in the browser the way you'd expect