Ableton won't start due to time change in the UK

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
amo

Re: Can't find preference !!

Post by amo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:01 am

webslave wrote:Live is dead to me at the moment and I need to do a mix.

I keep on reading delete preferences.cfg to make it work again - problem is there is no file on my computer anywhere called preferences.cfg and no preference folder in any of the paths mentioned.

Help

Stew Dean
Are you on PC ? Cause the preferences.cfg and the preferences folder are system files, that are hidden by default. In windows explorer, you need to go to Tools/Folder Options, then click view, choose to see all files invluding system files.
Donno if you're on mac though....
Cheers,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

stranger

No way...

Post by stranger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:12 pm

I have the same problem displayed here, but I even can't find the preferences.cfg file!!! No matter pressing on "show all files" no matter searching... Oh, Gosh! I'm losing my little wasted patience, any help, my friends?

amo

Post by amo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi,

Are you on XP ? Then, you have a "show hidden files and folder" to tick, and " to untick. Then it should be located in
C:\Documents and Settings\*yourName*\Application Data\Ableton\Live 5.0.2\Preferences

*yourName* should be your loggin name in winodows or Administrator, depending on your installation.

Hope that helps,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

stranger

Post by stranger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:15 pm

amo wrote:Hi,

Are you on XP ? Then, you have a "show hidden files and folder" to tick, and " to untick. Then it should be located in
C:\Documents and Settings\*yourName*\Application Data\Ableton\Live 5.0.2\Preferences

*yourName* should be your loggin name in winodows or Administrator, depending on your installation.

Hope that helps,
amo
I found and deleted "prefs", it still crashes...

stranger

Post by stranger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:26 pm

Fixed!!!
:D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!