problem with synchronisation delay

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Peter Ives

problem with synchronisation delay

Post by Peter Ives » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:04 pm

hello
i'm playing live with an electribe (in slave) witch is a bit late compar to live
when i try to ajuste the midi sync. delay in the midi pref. tab nothing happen from -300 to +300 ms :? (the type is set to midi clock)
is there something i have mess to do ?
thanks for your attention and sorry for my bad english
peterives.free.fr

ckluxen

problem with sync

Post by ckluxen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi,

well I had that problem with Midi Sync for quiet a long time. I´m using 2 Electribes and one external tracker (renoise) on a second mac and it was really hard to get it at work.

First used Ableton as Master, but that was just not working right, I checked all of the sync option in live and it was working right (for the moment), but the next day I started live again everything was wrong, the electribe and the tracker were some ms out of sync.

So I decided to set Ableton as a slave and that way works right, cause Ableton corrects midi timing in real time and sets warp markers automatically as it corrects. However it works.

But you have to set a incoming delay value everytime in live cause there´s a bug I think, it never gets saved. But if you have it once, always type it in there.

You can hear that live always corrects timing as it runs, the delays are sometimes out of sync, so as you recorded everything switch external off and everything is tight again.

That`s the way it works for me.
cheers. :P

MAreco

Post by MAreco » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi,

which version of live you are using?

I had no problems with Live 4 and 5 to sync with my machindedrum. It works stone-tight!
(except for my other synths which a not synced - see my other post)

Stupid question - but did you adjust the midi sync timing for the correct port (that was my fault at first when searching for the correct sync time)?

Greetz
Mareco