POLL: Are you having servere LAGTIME using arrange view?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support

Are you having severe lag time in arrange view?

YES! it makes using the arrange sequencer nearly impossible
71%
NO routine copy/paste/dup operations are nice and smooth .. no problem
29%

Total votes: 127

paullypaull

Post by paullypaull » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:47 am

Hi,

I just read the whoe thread now, because Ive finally started investigating my lag issues.... I dont use any other DAWs so, I dont know what to compare it to, but hopefully someone can tell me what they think. So I run Live 5.0.2 on a Pentium dual core 2.66 ghz w/ 4 GB RAM, a soundblaster audigy card, and Asio4all. SO i liek to record MIDI @ 96000, and at the beginnin of a track I can do it great, but the cracks and lag and total meltdown that happens later in a project has always been there. I just added the second 2 GBs of RAM, and its beter, but lots of stuff still is almost unworkable once I get all my tracks done and want to start arrangement and playback and editing.

What do you think?
lets make the nummies

Joshua_313

Re: POLL: Are you having servere LAGTIME using arrange view?

Post by Joshua_313 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 pm

I notice severe lagtime 5 to 10 times per hour with any number of commands including mouse manipulation of the UI, cut, copy, paste, and automation of mapped midi controls.

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Joshua_313 wrote:I notice severe lagtime 5 to 10 times per hour with any number of commands including mouse manipulation of the UI, cut, copy, paste, and automation of mapped midi controls.
So much that it's taken 3 years to necro bump this thread ?
:lol:

Joshua_313

Post by Joshua_313 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Necrobump.... nice.
Yes well I just noticed it in the past six months since running the latest version of Live on a Thinkpad T410 with i7 processor. Mind you it is not as severe as what people were describing in this thread. A friend of mine is having the same issues with an HP business class laptop could not say what model. Yes I resurrected an old thread as it seemed the most applicable. I would also add that the problem is in Session and Arrange view.

friend_kami

Re:

Post by friend_kami » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 am

supster wrote:yes, stopping audio marginally improves the issue but CPU usage is not the source of the problem:

ie. its worse the higher your resource meter goes, but in my example above the CTRL-C is still a 20 second wait. stopping audio output only reduces that by maybe 5 seconds.
when you have projects looking like this live tends to enter slowmotion mode pretty rapidly:

yes, i know that you can consolidate, but consolidating = desctrutive editing and there are occasions when you don't want that.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 am

HEY!
how the fuck you get a screenshot of my screen!

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 am

good ol supster..