where is 5.03

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
john gordon

where is 5.03

Post by john gordon » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:50 pm

5.02 is the most unstable ver.ableton has put out.i cant believe with so many people complaining they havent done anything yet.hopefully it will be soon.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:52 pm

patience young jedi

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:21 pm

AdamJay wrote:patience young jedi

i know.its still the best sequencer ive ever used.im sure the next update will be sweet

blank

Post by blank » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:22 pm

It's pretty weird

cause 5.02 is the more stable i've seen on my system.

Never crashed

maybe i'm lucky :)
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

lola

Post by lola » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:26 pm

blank wrote:It's pretty weird

cause 5.02 is the more stable i've seen on my system.

Never crashed

maybe i'm lucky :)
Stable yea, but there is more to it then only a stable app.
What about this midi latency, its driving me crazy.
And lots more bugs.

blank

Post by blank » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:45 pm

Again its not that worst in here

5.02 is to me a pretty acceptable version

Sure there is things to fix and others to develop but i always keep in mind that live is a bit more innovative comparing to other sequencer so there is sometimes a price to pay for innovation.

I know bugs are annoying

But live still allowing me a lot of creative possibility that i'm not able to reach with any other music soft.

ernene

Post by ernene » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:32 am

really stable here, must say.... never had since version 4 came out such a stable version of Live on my PowerBook... despite it's a slow computer and some pops and clicks (not so many...) Pretty happy with 5.02... lucky me... maybe :lol:.... finger crossed :!:

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:37 am

great over here. stable. useful

supster

Post by supster » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:56 am

blank wrote: Sure there is things to fix and others to develop but i always keep in mind that live is a bit more innovative comparing to other sequencer so there is sometimes a price to pay for innovation.

I know bugs are annoying

But live still allowing me a lot of creative possibility that i'm not able to reach with any other music soft.
i used to feel a lot more like you do and still agree with that last statement.

but i think its highly dependent on the kind of music and projects you do whether or not you can tolerate the problems.

for straight audio and minimal type stuff it excells at what it does, because thats the foundation it was built on

for anything that requires a lot of tracks, MIDI, and VST instruments and effects its totally not a working product.

the deeper you dig the more you find thats falling apart, unfinished, slow, sticky, unfinished and just plain NOT working as advertised.

it really, really needs to be fixed man.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

blank

Post by blank » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:34 am

I totally agree with you

It depend of a lot of things

I use a lot of the same pluggin instance ( like absynth 3, operator, pluggo and some Reaktor ensembles)

And i drive live with bidule all the time.

Live hold the way

I'm having problem with 4.1.4 and 5.01 but 5.02 is better.

Hope 5.03 will be better for you.

:)

ernene

Post by ernene » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:50 am

supster wrote: the deeper you dig the more you find thats falling apart, unfinished, slow, sticky, unfinished and just plain NOT working as advertised.

it really, really needs to be fixed man.
I do agree with you as well, but this versions is the better one for me, but sadly I know that if a 5.03 version comes out, even if better than ever, it wont be "finished" or faster or anything... feel like it's a long way to go yet... but it's the most inspirational tool ever...
my 2 cents...

datalyst studio

still needs 5.0.3...or heck...5.1?

Post by datalyst studio » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:56 am

i'm more in the camp that is feeling some dissapointment- having conflicts, pops, clicks, audio dropouts & overall less cpu & RAM efficiency and less performance than 4.1.

we all know what a different beast Live is compared to anything else ...having said that...it took me quite awhile to really 'get' this application...
additionally, i am deep in the throughs of some important projects started with live...so in considering that and weighing in the time invested in learning the program...i am not going to be abanonding the software soon...but it should work better than it currently is.

i have read (& responded) many posts describing almost all of the same, numerous problems with 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2 that i also have...i too hope an update is on its way...

:cry: :cry:

djsynchro

Re: where is 5.03

Post by djsynchro » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:14 pm

john gordon wrote:5.02 is the most unstable ver.ableton has put out.i cant believe with so many people complaining they havent done anything yet.hopefully it will be soon.
Are you really sure it's Live? What is your setup like? I have completely seperate computers for Internet and music. PCs are cheap especially if you build them yourself.

The one running Live is stripped to the bare essentials and gives me very few problems and very good performance. I agree Live sucks the power out of even a very fast computer but this program does some shit that no other sequencer on the planet does.

my 2 (Euro) cents.... :)

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:20 pm

Live has been really stable for me with 5.02... with 5.01...erhm.. not so much. Can't wait 'til 5.03, though.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Meef Chaloin

Re: still needs 5.0.3...or heck...5.1?

Post by Meef Chaloin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:35 pm

datalyst studio wrote:i'm more in the camp that is feeling some dissapointment- having conflicts, pops, clicks, audio dropouts & overall less cpu & RAM efficiency and less performance than 4.1.

we all know what a different beast Live is compared to anything else ...having said that...it took me quite awhile to really 'get' this application...
additionally, i am deep in the throughs of some important projects started with live...so in considering that and weighing in the time invested in learning the program...i am not going to be abanonding the software soon...but it should work better than it currently is.

i have read (& responded) many posts describing almost all of the same, numerous problems with 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2 that i also have...i too hope an update is on its way...

:cry: :cry:
ditto, same problems here. im getting very disappointed