Sluggish Mouse Input

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
solovox

Sluggish Mouse Input

Post by solovox » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:48 pm

I'm rather surprised that I haven't seen more comments on this problem; Keyboard Magazine has just mentioned it as well in their review of 2.0...

When you use the mouse to drag parameters up and down (like tempo, for example), it is extremely sluggish and unpredictable. Frequently, the numbers stop altogether, even though the mouse is 5 inches up the desk!

Ableton...when will this bug be fixed?

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:14 am

I do have none of these problems, to the contrary mouse behaviour in LIVE appears more precise to me since 2.x, especially with clip-movements and numbers.

But since I updateted my pointer and graphics drivers recently, improvements could be related to these (FYI: I'm even using a wireless optical device on LIVE, wich isn't, to say the least, known for it's precision, especially when power is down). Fiddling with the device's configuration might do the job as well.

I suggest you try to *fix* these prior to having somebody fix what maybe isn't broken. Hope it works out or you.
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

solovox

Post by solovox » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:22 am

Well, there may be a point to this...checking my mouse drivers etc. However, it doesn't sound likely because:

1. It only does it on 2.0 and higher.

2. Everything works Kool and The Gang with 1.5.2

3. Absolutely no problems with the mouse exist on any other software on my computer. Logic, Sound Forge, Reason, etc, etc, etc.

Is there anyone else who has this problem?

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:18 pm

i've noticed this only on the crossfader. maybe it's the curve or something, but i am unable to drag it from one extreme to the other in one stroke from my touchpad.even when the touchpad is on the fastest setting, it only makes it about 3/4 of the way before it stops. this seems to be the case regardless of how fast my finger is moving.

k

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:28 pm

Hi folks,

to tell the truth I have to say that I know 3 places where we know about possible mouse "handling" problems.

1. Like dirtystudios already mentioned the Crossfader (all platforms).

2. The denominator of the time signature (all patforms).

3. The "Transpose" slider in the clip view. If you set this slider to something else than zero, please try to set it back to zero without using the triangle (Mac only).

Of course the handling of mouse and keyboard events depends also on the current CPU usage of the computer.

regards,
Alex

solovox

Post by solovox » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:57 am

Gotcha...

I'm glad to see it's been noticed; perhaps it is on the list to be fixed for 2.0.4?

Thanks,
Solovox