audio units for live go where?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
the_viirus

audio units for live go where?

Post by the_viirus » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:54 am

ok, so i cant figure this out. if anyone can master the obvious, please help me. im trying to use my audio units with ableton live 4, and have not been able to figure out where the au folder goes...or is for that matter. this has to be a simple thing too, so thank you in advance.
Last edited by the_viirus on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamJay

Re: audio units for live go where?

Post by AdamJay » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:10 pm

the_viirus wrote:ok, so i cant figure this out. if anyone can master the obvious, please help me. im trying to use my audio units with ableton live 4, and have not been able to figure out where the au folder goes...or is for that matter. this has to be a simple thing too, so thank you in advance.
macintosh hd / library / audio / plug-ins / components

the_viirus

Post by the_viirus » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 pm

thank you kindly sire.
who would have thought apple would do such a thing? :P
now all of my plug-ins have a proper place.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:10 pm

just another friendly note,
you have another folder for the same purpose at
username / library/ audio / plug-ins / components

this is for plug-ins to only be used in that current user logged in.
however, i prefer to keep all mine in the Macintosh HD library as i am the only user on this machine.
But you should be aware of that other folder as occasionally some plug-ins' installers will place your AU's and VST's in the User folder. When that happens, you can simply move them from User to MacintoshHD/library/audio/plug-ins , just don't "COPY" them there, as having them coexist in both diretories creates problems.

have fun!