clicks and pops

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
randrohe

clicks and pops

Post by randrohe » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:11 pm

hello, i am a first time poster here.i wish we could've of met under better circumstances, but i come to you with a problem. recently installed version 5 (hard copy) on a brand new g4 power book.1.67, 1 gig/ram. interface is a m-audio ozonic. everything was fine until i moved the ableton icon from applications folder onto the desktop.this was a bold move for me as i am totally new to computers. after that i did a test to see if everything was o.k. and for the first time live unexpectedly stopped and i had to relaunch. at this point , i dragged the live icon back into the place where i had moved it from and restarted computer. i am now getting snaps and pops on input channels. but only when speaking into the mic or playing guitar. gain stageing is fine. no clipping. i recorded seveeral tracks with out speaking or playing and all was good, until i passed an audio signal, that is when i had the problems. checked the latency settings in live and the ozonic settings, but they had not changed since installation, when it worked fine. any input what so ever would be greatly appreciated. what an amazing program, i think it was a great first choice for me, although in hindsight i would have bought a mightier computer to run it . p.s. i went w/ apple as i was hoping the "computer" would just "do the right thing" in situations like this >>> thank you in advance, rand

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:52 am

i see that this is not a new topic. will follow and hope for the best. i'll chime in if i feel i have something to add. at least it's not my computer......... best to all, rand

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi randrohe,

I would doubt that the moving Live from one folder to another would be the reason for such a behavior.
At least you should get sure that you already use the latest version Live 5.0.3 and report back if the problem persists.

regards,
/Alex

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:34 pm

thanx for the reply. currently at 5.0.1. amazing program, i wish i had came on board years ago!!! rand