What the hell is that with that bpm in ableton live 5 ???

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Rain

What the hell is that with that bpm in ableton live 5 ???

Post by Rain » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:01 am

I've come from a long road before I started this topic... :roll:

first you drag an mp3 or wave to ableton...

it shows under WARP the perfect bitrate...

but when you play it it's slower ???????? supercontradiction imo 8O

then you warp it and the Bmp goes to 120 and then it plays the right bmp...

what is also stupid because it is not 120 bpm...

but now I have tracks that I do the same with and still it doesn't play the right bmp...
(checked it with tracktor and winamp so I'm sure)

how the hell can I beatmatch if I even can count on the bpm on my software ???

impossible...

I use a bmp analyzer but doesn't help as long ableton doesn't present the bpm It should be...

anybody help ???

experiences ???

I'm a bit getting tired of it LOL, it's also been a long night :? ,
so sorry for the nagging :oops: ...

why is that is so difficult to just drag a file to ableton, get the right bmp and play it at the right bpm...

it's like the basic of mixing...

I mixed with turntables many years (sold them needed the money), and one thing is for sure...

you have to count on the bpm of your tracks to beatmatch,

over & out, it's like THE beginning of beatmatching before you even learn the art of doing it :?: ...

ok nagged enough :lol: ,

sombedoy can help...

+ I already opened a topic about it but nobody replied, when I drag mp3's or wave to ableton the program just cut's the last 10 seconds... it doens't load full the track ???

stupid, how to mix that if every track stops suddenly wihtout a floathing end to create a continue vibe in your mix ????

don't get it 8O

I hope somebody can help me out this time or I'm unstalling this shit
LOL I'm kidding, just a bit tired of looking for the solution, we all have our borders don't we :wink:

lot's of grtz and respect....

waiting for an answer please please please please ! :oops:

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:58 am

I noticed now when I drag an wave file into ableton the full track is in ableton but when I warp and change bpm...

at the end the track is not full anymore and like the last 10 seconds are gone ??? :(

how come ????

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 am

found it :D

I'm happy...

jezus none of guys know that ???

I'm a still a bit of a noob but others should know :roll:

simon803

Post by simon803 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:16 am

you figure it out then? when you drag a file in they default bpm for the clip is 120 bpm. so when you have the global bpm set at 120 it plays fine. if you look at the clip though the warp markers won't be on the beat. so... go into the clip adjust the warp markers so their on the the beat. look at the bpm in the clip view and adjust the global bpm to that. voila.
17" macbook pro (2.33 ghz / 2 gb ram) osx 10.4.10
m audio quattro or (more often) the onboard card
midisport 2x2
some outboard synths and a lot of big black boxes that weigh a lot and make loud noises.

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:08 pm

simon803 wrote:you figure it out then? when you drag a file in they default bpm for the clip is 120 bpm. so when you have the global bpm set at 120 it plays fine. if you look at the clip though the warp markers won't be on the beat. so... go into the clip adjust the warp markers so their on the the beat. look at the bpm in the clip view and adjust the global bpm to that. voila.
indeed , that's what I found eventually :wink: