Crackle when moving VST Plugs

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
zendo

Post by zendo » Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:59 pm

:?: I can´t use VST effects anymore during playback. Whenever I draw an effect to the fx field, live is slowing down and the sound is hacked...
Is that a latency issue? Using an EMI 2/6, the Audio preferences show 0ms latency! Clicking on hardware setup shows whatever I´ve set the latency to...

Tim Lang

Post by Tim Lang » Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:53 pm

zendo wrote: :?: I can´t use VST effects anymore during playback. Whenever I draw an effect to the fx field, live is slowing down and the sound is hacked...
Is that a latency issue? Using an EMI 2/6, the Audio preferences show 0ms latency! Clicking on hardware setup shows whatever I´ve set the latency to...
I think Audio preferences shows latency to be whatever your driver suggests it "should" be. However, I think 0ms is impossible, so it sounds like the driver and Live aren\'t communicating for some reason. Have you tried increasing the latency in Audio Preferences (via that third little latency box where you can type in a value) to something more reasonable--i.e., whatever your EMI is set to in Hardware Setup?

Good luck,

- Tim

katmeho

Post by katmeho » Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:12 am

Im using the same emi 26 and I have to have the output latency set to 60 for everything to run smoothly.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:25 am

check Graphicscard and IRQ Settings...by the way the new eMi 2/ 6 Driver is a must.