FIX YOUR SHIT ABLETON! Totally FED UP!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mdb

FIX YOUR SHIT ABLETON! Totally FED UP!!

Post by mdb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:14 am

This is getting to be re-god-damn-ridiculous!

Ive fucking had it up to here with this program. I'm fucking sick of wondering if my songs that i work weeks on end on, are ever going to render. I'm sick of wondering if my songs Ive rendered somehow before are going to render again. I'm sick of this piece of fuckin shit software crashing on me doing basic god damn audio. I'm fuckin sick of opening files that i worked on 2 weeks ago and had no problems all of the sudden are fuckin tweaked out. I'm just fuckin sick of all of it. All i want to do is write my god damn music and play it back and render it like any other fuckin guy who buys a program designed to do this.

I'm not doing anything revolutionary with this program. Recording a bunch of tracks and playing them back with reverbs and delays and various other plugins that HAVE ALWAYS WORKED FINE IN EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN music program i have. Whats the fuckin problem??? I get pops and clicks in my render IF it even renders the FULL file at all. And thats a fuckin crap shoot too.

I'm just fuckin fed up with this shit. I spend 500 bucks and each upgrade makes the god damn program worse. I just cant fuckin take it anymore. I want to create in peace, free from worrying if my song is going to fuckin render properly and playback after spending hours and hours on it.

You guys need to learn the fine art of FIXING all your bugs before you start adding more features and wrenches into the system. This program is far from stable or ready to be even compared to any other program recording audio.. Jesus Christ guys.. quit fuckin adding more features and lock this version down first. It just makes no god damn fuckin sense to me. It keeps getting worse with every version .. Are you guys just fuckin rolling dice over there or what?

I'm sorry for the flames.. but Ive just fuckin had it. Love the program but its a fuckin buggy piece of shit right now. And i just cant fuckin use this anymore and keep my fuckin sanity. I'm trying to do professional work over here with "abletons" "My first audio app" and its just not working anymore. I want to flow withthe program, not fight it.

Whats the fuckin problem running 18-24 audio tracks on playback?? A LOT with Ableton.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:20 am

so...this is what i have to look foward to if i could actually use the software i bought (see unlock nightmare post).
i'm sorry you're going through this, man.
ableton is a very bad company.
thanks monolake :(

RobertX

Post your file

Post by RobertX » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:24 am

You say nothing about what system you're using, what other programs you're running, etc...

Post your .ALS file and see if others have the same problem.

mdb

Post by mdb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:42 am

Windows XP Pro
AMD Athlon 2500+ (512 L2 Cache) @ 166
1.5gb od DDR RAM PC2100 @ 133
Maxtor 40 gig and 100 gig (8mb cache)
Presonus Firebox Sound card

Been using this program for some time dude.. I know all the ins and outs of it for the most part. I use it has a basic multitrack recorder for sequence and live vocals. Just laying tracks like anyone else would. Just using verb and delat and compression like anyone else would. Pretty much doing basic shit with it.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:22 am

although i'm not as upset as this fellow(my live seems to work pretttty good these days) I also am not happy with performance at all.

but honostly what I'd like to complain about is that everytime you say you have a problem they ask you to repeat the problem when the problems are almost never duplicatable. you're sitting there one minute and you add a track or change a setting and bang ableton disappears and you have to reopen. it doesn't happen very often but it does happen and I'm sick and f*ing tired of being asked to reproduce the problem.

but then again I can't complain all that much(or can I?) cause I've never sent ableton an song file or anything. but then again everyones having these problems including the ableton team even(I assume) so they don't need my files they just need to make the program rock solid like it's supposed to be.

so my gripe: stop asking me to reproduce problems ableton!
and gripe number 2: just cause it can't be reproduced doesn't mean it's not a problem.

there, done.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

mdb

Post by mdb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:19 am

Yeah, I'm sorry i took it over the top. But I'm just pissed off right now. I worked long and hard on this project this week and went to render it and it just will not render without pops and clicks and I'm supposed to have this song done and sent out to be put on a CD.

And thanks to this buggy piece of shit i cant render a 48k 24bit file to save my life. Its either empty, half the song, or riddled with pops and clicks. And it seems to happen when i have 20+ tracks.

As much as i like the speed at which i can get things done in Ableton. This program is child's play. For Dj's only in my opinion.. Its just not designed to do full on professional multi-tracking like I'm using it for..

I'm moving over to sonar 5 producer edition. Much more professional setup. And the same price. And pretty solid from the reviews Ive read and my little time messing around with the program..

I just cant fuckin deal with this stress of this program anymore..

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:42 am

Usually, this is reversed for me, so BELIEVE me when I say I feel ya.

Performance wise, Live is working really well for me. Of course there is the stupid start in middle of loop thing that has me pissed a bit, but I guess I'm lucky.

There seems to be a big riff between the have's and the have not's so there really should be something that is a common denominator for the not's.

I have terrible luck with the making polls for some reason, I'll try it though for parts and maybe we can pair it down?

Knarzer

Post by Knarzer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:57 am

This is getting to be re-god-damn-ridiculous!

Ive fucking had it up to here with this program. I'm fucking sick of wondering if my songs that i work weeks on end on, are ever going to render. I'm sick of wondering if my songs Ive rendered somehow before are going to render again. I'm sick of this piece of fuckin shit software crashing on me doing basic god damn audio. I'm fuckin sick of opening files that i worked on 2 weeks ago and had no problems all of the sudden are fuckin tweaked out. I'm just fuckin sick of all of it. All i want to do is write my god damn music and play it back and render it like any other fuckin guy who buys a program designed to do this.

I'm not doing anything revolutionary with this program. Recording a bunch of tracks and playing them back with reverbs and delays and various other plugins that HAVE ALWAYS WORKED FINE IN EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN music program i have. Whats the fuckin problem??? I get pops and clicks in my render IF it even renders the FULL file at all. And thats a fuckin crap shoot too.

I'm just fuckin fed up with this shit. I spend 500 bucks and each upgrade makes the god damn program worse. I just cant fuckin take it anymore. I want to create in peace, free from worrying if my song is going to fuckin render properly and playback after spending hours and hours on it.

You guys need to learn the fine art of FIXING all your bugs before you start adding more features and wrenches into the system. This program is far from stable or ready to be even compared to any other program recording audio.. Jesus Christ guys.. quit fuckin adding more features and lock this version down first. It just makes no god damn fuckin sense to me. It keeps getting worse with every version .. Are you guys just fuckin rolling dice over there or what?

I'm sorry for the flames.. but Ive just fuckin had it. Love the program but its a fuckin buggy piece of shit right now. And i just cant fuckin use this anymore and keep my fuckin sanity. I'm trying to do professional work over here with "abletons" "My first audio app" and its just not working anymore. I want to flow withthe program, not fight it.

Whats the fuckin problem running 18-24 audio tracks on playback?? A LOT with Ableton.
amazing mdb, you used the f - word 20 times. anyways, i gave up on the abes as well. my crashes were not reproducible. the project is done though and next one won't be done in live. at least not in live 5, which is still beta in my eyes. it was just to embarrasing to see live crash constantly while doing simple things like moving clips around (in slow-motion, due to gui performance issues).

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:08 am

well ... we might not come out and say it exactly like that on the board but believe me there are people out there that know exactly where you're coming from.

ive ranted exactly like that about this over the phone with my friends more than once. not about rendering, but all of the other things that added up to hours and hours of lost effort and frustration doing "workarounds", losing time and inspiration

performance and stability wise version 5 is beta software. i dont know how it happened, but something got royally f*cked up over the course of development last year.

i still use it for all intitial soundesign, getting my parts together and generating the meat of my tracks .. but recently i lost faith they are going to be able to fix these things in reasonable time (if ever)

so i brought Cubase SX3 out again and im doing everything else in that with Live rewired behind it. i dont know SX3 even 1/4 as well i know Live, so theres at least a couple of months stepping back to figure out how it fits in my new workflow and learn a whole nother set of tequniques

buddy most people wouldnt vent like that on here but unfortunately ableton needs to see it in order to understand the extent of the problems.

unfortunately
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 pm

Why didn't you resample the set to an audio track? Recording a track takes a tiny amount of CPU if everything plays well that's the best workaround for now.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:18 pm

yes, as supster says: create a new audio track, set it to "resample" and start recording.
it's not the easiest way to render, agreed, but it works, you'll have your project without cracks and pops.

as for the stability/performance, it works well here: spending up to 8 hours a day on it every single day, and i seldom have a crash.
maybe you should question your system or check the plugins you're using (maybe you can drop a list here, that could help).
i understand you must be frustrated, but look how many ppl here seem to use Live without problems. maybe the problem is not ableton's.

and maybe if you changed each f*** you use in your initial post with a plugin you're using, you'd get more help... :wink:

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 pm

peeddrroo wrote: i understand you must be frustrated, but look how many ppl here seem to use Live without problems. maybe the problem is not ableton's.

i think it needs to be pointed out again:

the people that are not experiencing the bad performance issues are very quick immediately defend ableton and throw the ball back at the people who are either trying to get them fixed or giving up in total frustration

its a matter of selective perception, because you are happy that its all working within reasonable expectations so you assume everybody who is not getting good results must be doing something wrong.

this is not always the case, if you were having any of these showstopping, very common problems you suddenly be a lot more aware of the sheer amount of people reporting the same or similar symptoms acrost all sorts of hardware/software setups

its a lot of people, reporting very bad problems. and if the solutions were obvious, answers would have been given out or ableton would have fixed them by now
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:33 pm

peeddrroo wrote: as for the stability/performance, it works well here: spending up to 8 hours a day on it every single day, and i seldom have a crash.
maybe you should question your system or check the plugins you're using :wink:
i agree, i rarely experience live crashes, i have had a few teething problems, but these have all been traceable my hardware and plugins, i have learnt over time which plugins work and wich dont by introducing them to the system one at a time and then quickly realising bad ones when they arise.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:43 pm

supster wrote:
peeddrroo wrote: i understand you must be frustrated, but look how many ppl here seem to use Live without problems. maybe the problem is not ableton's.

i think it needs to be pointed out again:

the people that are not experiencing the bad performance issues are very quick immediately defend ableton and throw the ball back at the people who are either trying to get them fixed or giving up in total frustration

its a matter of selective perception, because you are happy that its all working within reasonable expectations so you assume everybody who is not getting good results must be doing something wrong.

this is not always the case, if you were having any of these showstopping, very common problems you suddenly be a lot more aware of the sheer amount of people reporting the same or similar symptoms acrost all sorts of hardware/software setups

its a lot of people, reporting very bad problems. and if the solutions were obvious, answers would have been given out or ableton would have fixed them by now
obviously, i am biased because my system works fine and Live too...
hmmmmm... does this make sense?

anyway, that was more meant as a message of hope.

go to the NI forums and check the threads. there i could say ppl are not happy with their products, and the words a lot and very bad make sense, but i don't feel the same here.

but as i said, i'm biased... (this isn't sarcastic, i agree with with you)

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:00 pm

i think that the reason we all come to these forums is to either get help or to be helpful.
I read these problems people are having and sometimes i say something if i think i can help, or i wont say anything if i cant.

mdb has taken some time to write his message at the top of this page, in a very uset mannor, but tells you nothing about what he is using in his mixes.

People like myself who just want to try and help can only make suggetions.

The question has to be asked why some people have major problems, and why others dont.

i dont know what the answer is, or what mdb or anyone elses problems are or what the cure is unless they give examples of problems, and only then may there be apossibility of finding an answer quickly.

Is it not the possibly the case that as soon as people have a problem with live they assume that live is the problem - its only one component in the setup.