Midi issue?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Locked
avb
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 pm
Contact:

Midi issue?

Post by avb » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:12 pm

Let’s say I’m playing 2 midi clips A and B. When midi clip A finishes playing and goes to clip B, the last note of the clip A hangs and keeps playing until the same note is played on clip B.

If that same note is not played in clip B, the note just hangs playing (quite annoying), and I have to stop playing the whole song or turn off the instrument (which doesn’t works all time).

Is anyone familiar wit this behavior?

Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Re: Midi issue?

Post by Pasha » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:26 pm

avb wrote:Let’s say I’m playing 2 midi clips A and B. When midi clip A finishes playing and goes to clip B, the last note of the clip A hangs and keeps playing until the same note is played on clip B.

If that same note is not played in clip B, the note just hangs playing (quite annoying), and I have to stop playing the whole song or turn off the instrument (which doesn’t works all time).

Is anyone familiar wit this behavior?
Which Live version do you run ?
Mac or Win?
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

avb
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 pm
Contact:

Post by avb » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:01 pm

5.0.3 and Win XP sp2

amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:56 am

Hi,

Could it be that bug you're experiencing ?
*[03] Bug: "Stucking" Midi Notes*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: All

An armed MIDI track with PDC enabled could result in "stucking" MIDI notes.

Status: Fixed
It has been fixed in the next version 5.2, which is in beta test right now. You can download the beta, install it along with your current version and try it.

Best,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Post by Pasha » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:25 pm

amo wrote:Hi,

Could it be that bug you're experiencing ?
*[03] Bug: "Stucking" Midi Notes*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: All

An armed MIDI track with PDC enabled could result in "stucking" MIDI notes.

Status: Fixed
It has been fixed in the next version 5.2, which is in beta test right now. You can download the beta, install it along with your current version and try it.

Best,

amo
Sorry to ask :oops:
But what means PDC?
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:27 pm

Pasha wrote: Sorry to ask :oops:
But what means PDC?
Plugin Delay Compensation (is your Live language english ?), to be found in the options menu.

Best,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

Pasha
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Post by Pasha » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:46 pm

amo wrote:
Pasha wrote: Sorry to ask :oops:
But what means PDC?
Plugin Delay Compensation (is your Live language english ?), to be found in the options menu.

Best,

amo
Thanks, my menu reports Delay Compensation only, I thought Plugin-Delay Compensation comes automatically and this option is for another matter,
what does it do really, the manual is a little bit unclear...

- Best,

Pasha
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:10 pm

Pasha wrote: Thanks, my menu reports Delay Compensation only, I thought Plugin-Delay Compensation comes automatically and this option is for another matter,
what does it do really, the manual is a little bit unclear...

- Best,

Pasha
You're right about the menu, but that's it.
It compensates automatically the latency induced by each plugin you put in a track. Say if you have two tracks, one with no effects, and you drop effects on the second track, they would start to be delayed with each other. You can make the test with two tracks playing the same rythmic clip, it will show.
So the Delay Compensation takes care of that and delays each track according to the plugs it contains.

Best,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

avb
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 pm
Contact:

Post by avb » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:03 pm

amo wrote:Hi,

Could it be that bug you're experiencing ?
*[03] Bug: "Stucking" Midi Notes*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Platform: All

An armed MIDI track with PDC enabled could result in "stucking" MIDI notes.

Status: Fixed
It has been fixed in the next version 5.2, which is in beta test right now. You can download the beta, install it along with your current version and try it.

Best,

amo

That's probably it! awesome that's being ironed out. Thx!!

Locked