Serious Newbie: Help Me With My MIDI Sync Problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
quikava04

Serious Newbie: Help Me With My MIDI Sync Problem

Post by quikava04 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Hey y'all

I'm trying desperatley to hook up my new Korg Electribe-R MKII to my G4 Powerbook, via a M-Audio Midisport USB 1x1 port midi cable and sync it in Live 5.

But all I see in Live is the audio response signal in the Midi Track but no sound coming out. In the Midi/Sync Preferences Pane, I'm asked to select the Track Sync and Remote Options for both the Input and Output, and the only option I have when the Midisport USB is plugged in is that.

I'm not sure what Track Sync and Remote means, but I've read over the Electribe manual thoroughly, scoured the internet and this forum, and still haven't a clue as to what's wrong. I've tripled checked that the MIDI track in Session View is set to In, etc.

So essentially the issue is that I don't know how to get sound out from my Electribe via MIDI into Live, I've tried Data Dumps, and making sure it's on the right channel, and I think it has something to do with the Sync Options, but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions and insights would be more than welcome and appreciated, I know you've got'em, so let's hear'em!

:mrgreen:

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 am

Alright
Heres how to sync -
Go to Preferences - Midi
Click on the Msport Output 1 - Make sure you turn on Sync (This will send sync signal to msport port 1), Also Track if you want to play it from live sequencer (send it midi from live track)
In the elctribe setup activate external sync not internal.
As long as midi out 1 -> Electribe Midi In, when you press play on live it will start the elctribe sequencer.
You dont need to do anything else for sync (i.e nothing to do with midi tracks in session view)
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

quikava04

Post by quikava04 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:12 am

Great I'm gonna try that now, and we'll see what happens... I'm crossing my Trigger fingers right now :D