Missing First Beat?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
James Cater

Post by James Cater » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

huffcw wrote:It seems like one of the easiest fixes for this problem is to implement a way around the 2GB barrier:

1. Allow files larger than 2GBs on systems that support this (e.g., Windows XP)
2. Automatically divide into several files as it renders so that the files are perfectly sliced and can be easily combined later (for systems that do not support files over 2GBs)

Perfectly put, if Ableton could do either of the above I would be happy.

With #2 being my prefered option as it's easier to work in Wavelab with Multiple tracks.

huffcw

Post by huffcw » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:28 pm

Here's a question for you: Would rendering each section as a loop solve the problem? Here's what it says in the manual:
Render as Loop. If this is activated, Live will create a sample that can be used as a loop. For example, suppose your Live Set uses a delay effect. If Render as Loop is on Live will go through the rendering process twice: The first pass will not actually write samples to disk, but add the specified delay effect. As the second pass starts writing audio to disk, it will include the delay tail resulting from the first pass.

huffcw

Post by huffcw » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 pm

never mind - I release why that wouldn't work.