5.2 rewire problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
snowtires

5.2 rewire problem

Post by snowtires » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:45 pm

i just installed 5.2. i opened protools and then ableton, and ableton came up an error, something about 'another rewire master has been detected' blah blah blah. anyway, i did what i wanted to do in protools, shut both of them down and went to open ableton. now it says 'an error occurred while opening the rewire system, rewire will not work properly.' isn't the whole 'releasing a beta' thing supposed to be the trial and error period? it seems like 5.2 is still pretty buggy, on the most basic of stuff.

snowtires

Post by snowtires » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:49 pm

alright, i rebooted and it seems to have fixed itself. even so, there's definitely a bug there.

louZ

Post by louZ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:01 pm

if it ain't reproducable, it ain't a bug...

snowtires

Post by snowtires » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:08 pm

if you have to reboot to fix it, it's a bug

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:32 pm

snowtires wrote:if you have to reboot to fix it, it's a bug
no.

if you have to reboot to fix it, its a problem with your system.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:03 pm

Hi snowtires,
and ableton came up an error, something about 'another rewire master has been detected' blah blah blah. anyway, i did what i wanted to do in protools, shut both of them down and went to open ableton. now it says 'an error occurred while opening the rewire system, rewire will not work properly.'
The first message only appears if the ReWire subsystem tells Live that there is already another ReWire master running who did not load Live to run as ReWire slave.
The second one only appears if the ReWire subsystem could not be opened at all.
So both messages just indicate the current status of the ReWire subsystem.
Earlier versions of Live behave the same way.

Please keep also in mind that to you need to run and quit a certain version of Live once standalone before you can rewire it to another host application. This first standalone start is needed to install Live's ReWire slave engine.

regards,
/Alex