CC automation issues

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Former Pharaoh

CC automation issues

Post by Former Pharaoh » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:12 am

All of a sudden i am having problems recording CC automation. I'm still on 5.03.

Basically, when i record automation into the arrangement, the Back to Arrangement button lights up red showing that something is different from what is already recorded onto the arrangement. No problem.
Once i am through with the recording, i just click on the button and can hear what has been recorded. So far so good.

Now the issue, if i record CC automation and click on the Back to Arrangement button to listen to what has been recorded, as soon as the song gets to the point where the automation was recorded, the Back to Arrangement button turns red as if i am recording something. This doesn't allow me to preview the automated recording.

It never did this before, all of a sudden i am having this issue. All I am trying to do is automate Panning for one of the tracks.

If i draw in the envelopes, there is no issue, but for this particular case, using my controller is faster and regardless, it should just work anyways.

Anybody else experience this?

the electric antelope

Post by the electric antelope » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 am

i have experieced this same issue with reaktor..... and i think in other situations as well in 5.03 and 5.2
hydratheseaserpent.com

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:54 am

what controller? are you using mackie control? do you have any midi loopback utilities going on?

i'm interested in how you're using the RTA button - i don't understand why you have to keep pressing it if you're working in the arrange view. it does light up while you are recording the automation, but as soon as you stop the transport, it goes off (right?)

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:26 am

longjohns wrote:what controller? are you using mackie control? do you have any midi loopback utilities going on?

i'm interested in how you're using the RTA button - i don't understand why you have to keep pressing it if you're working in the arrange view. it does light up while you are recording the automation, but as soon as you stop the transport, it goes off (right?)
Actually, now that i think about it, i rarely if ever had to press the RTA button to preview a new recording into the arrangement. Only if i play an arrangement and then mess with something in the session view do i have to click on the RTA button to hear back the song arrangement.
For some reason though, with CC automation (using an MK425C Evo controller), i am unable to preview the recording. As soon as the song reaches the point where the automation takes place, the RTA button turns red as if i were making session view changes.
I have to draw in the automation for it to work. Definitely something buggy going on as i haven't experienced this before.

Oh and no loopback utilities are being used.