Live 1.5 Beta

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Gerhard

Live 1.5 Beta

Post by Gerhard » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:58 am

Hello all,

for those who haven't noticed: the beta verion of Live 1.5 is up for download. Please test it on your system and tell us about any problems you might encounter. Please post your bug reports in the Bugs & Problems forum, or mail to bugs@ableton.com. The final 1.5 version is coming up very soon!

Thanks

Gerhard Behles
ableton

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:02 pm

bis jetzt....no bugs :D just fun....

thx pe

TOF

Do you know this 2 bugs ?

Post by TOF » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:41 pm

hi !

before to send you a real "beta-report" i wonder if you know that these bug are in this Beta Version.

1.Live used like Rewire Slave in cubase...
...Have syncro problems . The tempo is good but the time mark (like bars or part cycle) not correspond to the Cubase bar and cycle.
The Live time line is more quick that the cubase time line .

2.Live used alone ...
... don't work at all with creamware PUlsar 3.01 Mac ASIO driver !(ASIO 24bit/48khz)

I work on a Mac G4 500/ 750 Mo ram
Mac Os 9.2.2
Cubase 5.1r2
Pulsar II 48 Khz audio rate frenquency

Best regards
Tof

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:11 pm

anyone notice how taxing the reverb is on the cpu guage.. it nearly brings mine up 50 percent additional... altho it is a very nice plugin

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:50 am

hi, just played with beta for a few hours, found one problem tho. i had a few clips playing and i changed the trigger from one of the clips. after i tried to select a different clip(clip view) (from clip 9 to clip 2) and it bounced me to a totally different clip. it let me select it afterwards. so i tried it again. i chose clip 1. changed it from gate to repeat. selected clip 3 and it bounced me to clip 11. it looked like it self scrolled.. hope that helps in solving this problem

Bob M.

Beta 1.5 Reverb

Post by Bob M. » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:22 pm

Love the new version except for the reverb...yikes, neil is right: a 50% increase in cpu usage. Is that supposed to happen?

Also, maybe a dumb question: where is the VST plugins folder in OSX?

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:23 pm

1) There is a problem with sample rates others than 44100 and rewire slave. So thats why cubase and live gets out of sync.

2) Render To Disk is bouncing the current hearable state, even in the session view. Not the selected clip. Or did I understand you wrong?

gonzo

rewire

Post by gonzo » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:24 pm

I am also having a problem with snychronisation.

Using Cubase as the rewire master I find that Cubase & Live run at the same speed but Live does not appear to take any notice of bar divisions in Cubase, eg clips will start playback as soon as Cubase is started instead of waiting for the first new bar.

I'm using Cubase 5.01 & M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 under W98SE.

motu 828 routing

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:35 pm

HI
after saveing a preset:
some output busses used in a live set are no available any more with a motu 828.

config. powerbook G4 400 os 9.1 mt4 motu 828

pe

FrankH

Live 1.5b1 hookup and heavy reverb

Post by FrankH » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:16 pm

hi,

First:
When i start playing a song,
- in rest 2% cpu, then the 1st stream comes in,
- 1 stream 6%
- 2 streams 14%, and the 3rd one comes,
- 3 streams 22%
And now a problem, the last beat is looping for a while, and then Live does a nice hookup.
On my (old machine with) OS9 I've to reset the machine.
Using my new machine (just migrating to the new one) with OSX i've to stop the process "Live".

Live 1.1 does NOT have this problem.

Second:
When switching the reverb on, Live slowsdown for about half a beat, and cpu is sky-rising even in economy class, am afraid to use business class and first class. Or whatever the names of those seats are ;)
But serous, the reverb has to get better considering the performance.

well, testing, testing, testing...

f

Bangboom

Post by Bangboom » Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:47 pm

The Problem with Cubase is, that the Systemvorlauf(you find it under Synchronization) isn´t recognized..Therefore Ableton is in front of Cubase. If you get down the Systemvorlauf they get closer, and Cubase gets less stable..

gonzo

synchronization

Post by gonzo » Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:24 am

I have also noted this, it appears that Live does not take into account the system pre-roll setting in Cubase. You can run them in sync by reducing the setting to it's minimum value but this can cause stability problems.

How about some kind of offset facility in Live to compensate?

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:25 pm

Hi, FrankH.

Can you send me the live set that results in a crash. roggendorf@ableton.com. Or at least send me your email adress so I can reach you.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

loam

beta 1.5 reverb and crash

Post by loam » Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:46 am

I also noticed the CPU drain when using the reverb. It jumps up to 50-55% then back down. I like the effect though. It even mimics a spring reverb when you tweak the predelay knob.

my crash occurred when I went to delete an effect from an empty track on my test song while in arrange mode. My PowerBook (G3, 500Mhz, OS 9.2.2) froze completely. Alas, I hadn't saved to the song for awhile before that.

Otherwise, I like the adjustments overall!

-Jim

file is corrupt

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:32 pm

hi

import error with EXS24 confertet AKAI fils.
[file is corrupt]

powerbook g4 oms 9.1

pe