LIve Not starting my sampler/sequencer on Beat 1

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Inner Loop

LIve Not starting my sampler/sequencer on Beat 1

Post by Inner Loop » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:36 pm

HI, I just got ABleton Live this week and I am trying to use it as a master with my sampler/sequencer (Yamaha RS 7000) but when i press start in LIve the yamaha doesn't start on beat one and it starts out of sync. I can get it synced by pressing the back button of the yamaha on beat one of the next bar, so the tempo seems ok. I've messed with the Delay for the Midi Sync ( I have to set it at about -47.0 ms to get the metronomes locked), but this does not solve the late/off sync start problem. I am using an Echo Audiofire 8. I never seemd to have this problem with FL Studio. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to live with a work around?

Thanks

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:34 am

I've had this problem when I had Live set to transmit MIDI timecode instead of MIDI clock. Try switching to MIDI clock to see if it helps

Inner Loop

Post by Inner Loop » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:03 am

Unfortunately its doing it with Midi Clock. I couldn't even get MTC to work even though my sequencer has an MTC setting. I'm not sure what i was doing wrong there either.

Inner Loop

Post by Inner Loop » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:57 pm

I have been talking to someone else who is having this same problem with Live 5 and the RS7000. They are also having problems syncing another piece of hardware to Ableton (I forgot what that gear was). He says he also tried to slave Ableton to the RS7k and that didn't work either. Is this an issue with our soundcards? I thought my Echo Audiofire 8 would be suffiecient for this kind of work, and it works with FL Studio, so I doubt its the Soundcard. Is anyone else having this same problem with Hardware? Or, is anyone actually having success syncing hardware to Live 5?

Inner Loop

Post by Inner Loop » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Well my band Inner Loop did our first gig last night and it went really well. I used Ableton with the Yamaha RS7000, a Gibson Digital Pro Echoplex, and a Kaoss Pad 2. I had to manually set the RS7000 to sync on beat one with Ableton so I could get the Echoplex to sync and it worked out alright. I wish it was just a matter of launching scenes in Ableton, but I guess I will have to just live with things as they are now until some magical solution arises. We videotaped the show, and it came out nice. I should have some clips up on our myspace page in a couple weeks.

www.myspace.com/innerloopband