Line6 Guitarport and Live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
robojam

Line6 Guitarport and Live

Post by robojam » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:45 pm

I have been using Live for a while now, but haven't yet recorded any guitar. I had the money to get some firewire recording equipment, but was tempted by Guitar Rig, and bought that - consequently I didn't really have the money for the stuff I wanted, so I bought a Line6 Guitarport.

The problem is, if I connect the Guitarport to my USB port, I can't hear the playback in Live. Live recognizes the Guitarport, but I can't hear anything I play on a track.

Should the guitarport appear as an input for an audio track? I don't see it.

I have no problems connecting my USB keyboard to the PC, and when I monitor a track, I hear the keyboard.

I checked that Guitar Rig was working properly by playing the keyboard through it, and I got no problems, but I can't hear the output of the Guitarport when that is connected, even though Live recognizes it.

What am I doing wrong?

robojam

Post by robojam » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Looks like the main problem that I have is the the ASIO driver isn't working. I managed to get it working with the MME driver, but it pushes the latency up to 54ms!

Has anyone else had problems with this ASIO driver?