1) Freezing bug is fixed, 2) We still need you

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Bernd

1) Freezing bug is fixed, 2) We still need you

Post by Bernd » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:25 am

Hi everybody,

good news! Today we have localized and fixed the freezing problem while zooming in on Windows systems. This will most likely also fix the recording and prehearing freezing problem.

We will prepare a 2.1.2 bug fix next week for you. In the beta of Live 3 this will be fixed as well so if you want, you can test it on the weekend already.

To give you a better idea on how this case happened and to extend what Gerhard has already said in another thread:

1) While intensive internal testing of Live 2.1 this bug hasn't occured of any of our systems.

2) If I remember right even in three weeks of public beta testing where thousants of peope have downloaded the beta there where just one bug report from raapie that sadly we couldn't reproduce. Shortly we thought we can reproduce it but this was wrong.

3) Since about 2 weeks many people are complaining about this bug(s) but still, we weren't able to reproduce it - nowhere of one of our about 15 different PC systems. And we could just sit there and read all the complains without knowing what to do.

4) Accidently, end of last week one of us could reproduce it on his personal notebook. And today we fixed it.

This is just an - well, not very typical - example, of course. Generally we very much need your feedback because often your feedback *is* the only way to find a bug. Like you can see on the story above for us it is absolutely essential to have a bug reproduceable on one of our systems, otherwise the bug will most probably not be fixed. We will do our best to find all bugs but sometimes it is just not possible.

So if you find a bug or something that behaves strange, please, be so kind and report it:

- DIRECTLY, because from the day you report it we know about it and will try to fix it. Good on this: The faster you report a bug the faster you get a bug fix.
- PRESICE, because often it is hard to understand what really is the problem. Even though I can very much understand what you feel if you write something like "The software is buggy, I go back to version xxx" unfortunately you don't help anybody: not yourself, not us and not the other users.
- REPRODUCABLE. If you can, try to find a general way to get the misbehavior like e.g.: Start Live 2.1.1 -> Drop a clip at Track 1 -> Select ... -> Crash and report it together with your system specifics.

Since weeks we are in internal testing and from next week on we all are waiting on your very welcome feedback on Live 3. Thanks for all you help so far, please stay with us and help us make the software the best what this planet has ever seen.

Kind regards, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

muser

Post by muser » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:56 am

I'm right here and so are many of my fellow Mac users. Bring it on Ableton, I'm waiting and eager.

hu_koala

thanks

Post by hu_koala » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:29 am

thank you to don't give up us poor 2 user :wink:
before your 3 release ( oups i have to spend again :D )

Human Koala