live arpegiators and absynth seem to hold randomly.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
queglay

live arpegiators and absynth seem to hold randomly.

Post by queglay » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:35 am

I'm having an issue when i use absynth and an arpegiator from live. occaisionally a note will hold and this seems to be completely random with no link to a segment within a midi loop. has anyone else encountered a problem like this?

thanks for any help!

queglay

Post by queglay » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:54 pm

does any know what im tlaking about here? thanks for any help!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:16 pm

Yeah, I think this is a pretty well known Absynth bug. I ran into that all the time when i was using Absynth, so I ended up selling it. Might want to post on the NI forums too, or wait and see if EW replies here.

davec1

Post by davec1 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:36 pm

I thought the note-hold bug was fixed with recent absynth patches, but not totally sure. are you using the most up-to-date version?

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 am

probably not then, i've just got the version installed off the disc. sorry i thought it might actually be ableton sending the messages to absynth but if you say so ill check out these updates. cheers guys!

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:45 pm

That Absynth bug sill occurs in Logic, as well. The 3.0.2 update didn't fix it (sadly), and that upgrade is, what, a year od now?

queglay

Post by queglay » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:11 am

damn thing. ill have to replace it with something else. whats your favourite synth other than absynth?

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:03 pm

Yeah, it is a fairly well known bug that infests some systems (somewhere around 5-10% from my admittedly nonprofessional polling on other sites).

The best suggestions I can give are to;

1) not have any more MIDI drivers installed on your system than you actually use- for example, if you use an external MIDI interface and not your soundcard's, uninstall your soundcard's. This tends to work better than disabling.

The way to do that is use the MIDI fix utility from the M-Audio site (it's in the drivers menu under other or tools- I forget which). Run that and reinstall whichever MIDI interface you DO use. This has helped some people with stuck notes.

If the MIDI interface you use is your soundcard's and you've uninstalled the MIDI drivers from your onboard sound, you'll need to reinstall your soundcard to get your MIDI driver back- MIDIFix will remove ALL MIDI drivers from your system.

2) the most important if you use a USB interface and Windows- disable power management to the USB hubs. XP turns it on by default, and it raises hell with any USB audio/MIDI device. Go into device manager and right click a USB hub to bring up its properties. Under the power management tab, uncheck all. Repeat for each hub and reboot.

3) if you're using a Creative/E-Mu card, try something else...

ew

queglay

Post by queglay » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:00 am

yeah i think because of that power management thing my novation remot le got totally fried. so pissed about that.

thanks alot for the advice ill try all of it out!