Guru crashing Live 6

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
CronoDL

Guru crashing Live 6

Post by CronoDL » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:51 am

I'm using the full version of Live 6 and the demo of Guru. Live will crash when I try to drag a midi pattern from Guru to Live.

From what I can do with Guru, I actually like it a lot, but too bad it won't work with Live 6.

Aunt Acid

Post by Aunt Acid » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:32 am

I'm trying GURU on Live 6 as well. Are you running in VST, stand alone or Rewire for GURU?

I did not know you could drag files from one to the other. Please, explain how you are doing this so I can try it. 8O :)

supster

Re: Guru crashing Live 6

Post by supster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:57 am

CronoDL wrote:I'm using the full version of Live 6 and the demo of Guru. Live will crash when I try to drag a midi pattern from Guru to Live.

From what I can do with Guru, I actually like it a lot, but too bad it won't work with Live 6.

does it crash when dragging to arrange view, session view, or both?

if it only crashes when dragging to arrange, this is an existing problem that goes back to Live 5

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

CronoDL

Post by CronoDL » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Supster, in Live 6, Guru crashes in both the Session and Arrangement views, so it's no go either way. I'm using it as a VST.

Aunt Acid, when you create patterns in Guru, you can drag the individual patterns straight from Guru and into a Midi channel in Live. From there, it's just a midi file that plays from Live, triggering the sounds from Guru. But you'll have to check off "Ignore Host Transport & Tempo" in Guru's options, or else the patterns will be played in both Live and Guru (when you're playing a pattern dragged from Guru to Live.)

I find Guru to be pretty intuitive to program patterns with. I have Battery 2 and it's sample manipulation capabilities are awesome. But I find it hard to program patterns with Battery within Live. What else programs can anyone recommend that are similar to Guru?

Friedrich

Post by Friedrich » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:26 pm

Same problem here; shame :( as I really liked dragging Guru patterns into
Sessions....I really hope this will be fixed....

ajstrax

Post by ajstrax » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:52 pm

In Live 5, you could drag the MIDI patterns from Guru to Live in the arrangement view only - doing so in the session view crashed Live. Now, in Live 6, you cannot drag from Guru into either the arrangment view or the session view.

It is a constant problem for Guru users and the Abe's wont listen to this issue. I raised this problem in Live 5 months ago (through Abe's tech e-mail) but nothing got resolved. There should be a solution here...

ABES - check into this...
Live 6, MV8800, Moog Phatty, Guru, KRK Rokit 5's

leggzter

Re: Guru crashing Live 6

Post by leggzter » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07 am

As a workaround, try dragging your midi pattern onto the desktop, then into Live. Works for me everytime
ITS NOT WHAT YOU GOT.........
http://soundcloud.com/thestr8jackets

CronoDL

Post by CronoDL » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Leggzter, I haven't even thought of that before, but I just tried it and it works like a charm. Maybe I'll end up buying Guru now.

Thanks!! :D

Aural Chaos

Post by Aural Chaos » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:15 pm

...that's what everyone would have had to do before Live finally got MIDI drag and drop anyway...
(But it's still a hassle)

ajstrax

Post by ajstrax » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks - the thing is that we shouldn't have to find and use "workarounds" - the program should work correctly in the first place. I don't want these bugs to continue building up in L6. In all fairness, it may be an issue on Guru's end not Live - we'll see.
Live 6, MV8800, Moog Phatty, Guru, KRK Rokit 5's