...Failed to access the undo history file...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
head

...Failed to access the undo history file...

Post by head » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:21 am

Getting the following message (also but less often, in 212) after crashes, after being offered to retrieve the last song before last crash or incomplete shutdown...:

"Failed to access the undo history file. Switching to memory based undo. Live will not be able to recover sets after crashes. Please consult Ableton..."
...Here it is!
;)
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

kleine

Post by kleine » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:05 am

Hello,

Possible your Preference file got corrupt at some point. This can happen when the application or the Finder crashes while trying to access data.
You can delete the "Preferences.cfg" and the "'Undo.cfg" file to resolve this problem. Unfortunately you didn´t´mention your OS, so you must do a search for these files.

Best,
Christian Kleine

armchair

oh dear

Post by armchair » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:21 pm

it is rather unfortunate that three years later there still appears to be problems with corrupted undo.cfg files resulting from application crashes.

i have been having these issues intermittently under live 6.07/osx 10.4.10 on my mac pro. i know that deleting the undo.cfg file will fix the repeated crashing on recover bug but i would REALLY like to recover from the crash and continue working on the live set that crashed without losing changes since my last save.

can anyone offer advice on how to repair a corrupted undo.cfg file?

surely the point of the undo history is to allow users to effectively recover from application crashes. it is useless if the application crash causes the file to become corrupted!

EDIT: sorry, make that nearly four years (!)