Konnekt24d versus Live6.01

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
loso

Konnekt24d versus Live6.01

Post by loso » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:36 pm

The new TC Konnekt24d does not work with Live6 and Live5 (yet?)...

The Konnekt runs perfectly on my powerbook G4 until I start Live6...
I think the TCNEAR driver and Lives buffersize preference do not work together...
the system.log says something about mismatches in the firewireprotocol..
All this sucks, but I hope Ableton or TC may solve the problem within the next few days...

anch

Post by anch » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 pm

Yes, I have the same problem - Powerbook G4, Konnekt 24D and Ableton 5.0.3.

anch

Post by anch » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:22 pm

:?: May be this:
Mobile I/O supports buffer sizes that are powers-of-two. This means that you
can use buffers that are 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, or 2048 samples long.
Some hosts that allow you to change the buffer size do not properly follow
the ASIO spec and will let you specify buffer sizes that are not supported by the driver. If your host allows you to select a buffer size, please make sure
that you choose one of the sizes that Mobile I/O supports (Digital Performer
is an example of a host that lets you set the size, but lets you set it to values
that are not valid).

loso

Post by loso » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:31 pm

I've had the same idea... but, besides osx does not have asio drivers, I tried several samplerates including 256smps (recommended by tc)...

It maybe possible to solve the problem by adjusting the driver error tab in the live preferences... but I don't know how...

anch

Post by anch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:47 am

Do you have plugins buffer size the same as disk buffer size?

loso

Post by loso » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:08 pm

Yep! that's no reason also..

but thank you anch!

damn it I should have bought the motu interface...

anch

Post by anch » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:31 am

Hi, how is your problem?

loso

Post by loso » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:20 am

It is definitely an error caused by the interface, not by live6...
I tried cubase le (shiped with the interface...) with the same result...
By the way the same problem occur under windowsXP.

yesterday I went to my hardware dealer and bought a motu ultralite. this interface is working fucking great, with no problems yet...

Maybe TC updates the driver in an few month, so I can use it... but until then th Motu will do its duty...

It's a shame, because the Konnekt's concept is stunning and as far as I could use it, it sounded great... the build in fx were great also...

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm

I am having problems with Konnekt 8 also, btw. It's a wonderful little unit, priced right for the features. Very strange, I got some really good sound out of it the first day I had it, then it started to heavily drop out.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

loso

Post by loso » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:25 pm

I've had some contact with the tc guys...
they say the problem probably lies within the special way live handles the audiobuffer...
But that doesn't explain, why the dropouts keep on annoying me when live is quited, the fact, that the same problem occurs while working with live(demo) and konnekt on a windowsxp machine makes me curious also...

maybe a firmware error...

For a week or so I've got a MOTU ultralite, not a very innovative interface concept, but it work quite well...
I hope there will be a update to the TC interface in the near future...

rpsx

Post by rpsx » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 am

hello. any resolution on konnekt 24d and live? i just ordered a c2d macbook, which means i need a firewire based IO solution, and the konnekt pretty much fits the bill. i also have one side question...

i see the 3-band compressors can work on their own AND that there is also this master out from the computer. is there a way to route the master out TO the compressors? right now i have a tc tripple-C that i was using as a poor man's finalizer on the master out from the computer/ableton. would be neat to replace that with the konnekt's compressors, and keep all 8 digital channels for my ksp8 effects. is this possible?

cheers!

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:44 pm

Have any of you tried the new 1.03 driver?

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:14 pm

yes, it works fine with the latest drivers for me.

Here is my opinion: the Konnekt 8 sounds great with the latest drivers and is easy to set up and use. I gigged with it for 3 hours straight, no dropouts.

If you are thinking about a MOTU Ultralite, but do not have a pressing need for that many ins/outs and you are strapped for money, the Konnekt 8 is a very good choice.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

maksk

Post by maksk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:00 pm

mikemc wrote:yes, it works fine with the latest drivers for me.

Here is my opinion: the Konnekt 8 sounds great with the latest drivers and is easy to set up and use. I gigged with it for 3 hours straight, no dropouts.

If you are thinking about a MOTU Ultralite, but do not have a pressing need for that many ins/outs and you are strapped for money, the Konnekt 8 is a very good choice.
good to hear
i think i will go for a tc 24d myself
I'm the Evil Ableton Operator, with my pumping Saturator

locojohn

konnekt24d: compressor on master out

Post by locojohn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:48 am

rpsx wrote:i see the 3-band compressors can work on their own AND that there is also this master out from the computer. is there a way to route the master out TO the compressors? right now i have a tc tripple-C that i was using as a poor man's finalizer on the master out from the computer/ableton. would be neat to replace that with the konnekt's compressors, and keep all 8 digital channels for my ksp8 effects. is this possible?
yes, it is. i am using konnekt24d with ableton live 6. latest konnekt24d drivers include vst support, so i put the compressor vst on master out and use it as a gentle limiter. peaks never go beyond -0.3dB now ;)

however, i am experiencing a number of other problems with konnekt24d and ableton in general. i am sure it's the k24d drivers that need to be fixed, and i hope they will be fixed before i go out to play my music live. problems include increased cpu usage and drop outs, at any ASIO buffer size from 256 and up. my configuration is toshiba satellite pro m30 laptop and windows xp pro sp2 with all firewire patches and audio optimizations.

... :(

-a
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/