Battery 3 and Absynth 4 crashing 6.0.1 while scanning VSTs

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
atom_b

Battery 3 and Absynth 4 crashing 6.0.1 while scanning VSTs

Post by atom_b » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:28 pm

Hello!

Installed Absynth 4, FM8 and Battery 3.
Had all started in standalone mode first.
Then tried to load Live 6.0.1
- > While loading Live 6.0.1 crashes when scanning any single instance of Absynth 4 and Battery 3, while FM8 is scanned and loading fine within Live 6.0.1

Trying to rescan my VST folder within Live doesn't bring Absynth 4 or Battery 3 instances up.

Regards
BV
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:06 pm

They won't come up if Live crashed while scanning them.

Unfortunately that's a bug that slipped by the testers for the new plugs. It wasn't appearing on any of the testers' machines, and it was only reproduced after the release.

Marius Wilhelmi (the manager of customer service) made a statement about it, and I made a sticky of it in the Absynth forum. It'll be fixed in the next updates, which are coming very soon.

Once the updates DO come out, trash your Live preferences.cfg file and start up Live. Reset your plugin folder and rescan.

Sorry about the hassle,

ew

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Well, actually I did it the more sophisticated way and took the chance to reorder my NI plugin folder ;-), so Live took the chance to rescan. Everything is showing up now, working properly and gives me a better overview.

All three updates FM8, Absynth 4 and Battery 3 are just graet beyond anything I expected.

I think this is the first time Live and the NI plugins do team up to a great tool. The Kore browser espacially makes bringing together different patches into one NI plugin in a single Live track very easy. Makes me think about getting the Kore hardware controller.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
BV
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

BassTooth

Post by BassTooth » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:39 pm

this kind of happened to me too. except it was Battery 3 Audio Unit that crashed Live 6. Native Instruments has done it again, they got my money and i look stupid. yay.