live 3 and reason +pre listening

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
cloud71

live 3 and reason +pre listening

Post by cloud71 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:11 pm

i dont know why i cant listen to samples like i use to do in 2.1.2 when i just click on them in the broser.....also i open live and then i open reason reason in a slave mode but in live i cant here nothing and in the track reason dosent apper.........i need help....in the manual of 3 rewire dont apper

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 pm

Hi cloud71,

1) Browser
Get sure that the switch for pre listening (the headphone symbol in the titlebar of the browser) in the browser is activated (blue).

2) Reason
Get sure that the In/Out view is visible (you can show/hide it from the view). If you start Live before reason, then you should see Reason in the 'input type' chooser of each track's In/Out view.

regards,
Alex

cloud71

Post by cloud71 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:09 pm

hey alex
this is exacly what i do and i still dont get to listen not reason that doesnt apper and i havr the blue light on the headphones symbol but i sill canrt do p,
l

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:22 pm

Hi cloud71,

1) Browser
At first check your audio preferences settings. if you have a multi I/O audio interface check if the Pre-Listen bus is assigned to the right stereo channel.

What happens when you now click on a soundfile in the browser?
Can you see the blue progess bar in the status line showing the left time for playing the file?
If not, when you drop this clip into a track and fire this clip, it will start to play and you can hear it. What happend when you then press the headphone Solo button in the track. The this clip is routet to the Pre-Listen bus too and you should be able to hear it.

2) Reason
- Which operating system do you use?
- Which version of Reason do you use?
- Do you have another ReWire master application?
- Do you have another ReWire slave application?

regards,
Alex

cloud71

Post by cloud71 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:34 pm

hey alex

1. live i dont see the bar light with the time remaining like i use to see in 2.1.2 .......i cant hear the pfl even in the mixer track itself

2. os 10.2.8.... reason 2.5 .....logic 5.51...live 3 or 2.1.2

thx

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:56 pm

Hi cloud71,

at first let's concentrate why you cant hear something form the pre-listen bus.

Which audio interface do you use?

In the audio preferences, is the pre-listenbus assigned to a different physical stereo out as the master?

If yes, are you running in PFL or in Solo mode? (You can see it in the Options menu and on the title of the pre-listen bus volume knob left beside the master volume)

regards,
Alex

cloud71

Post by cloud71 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:40 am

hey alex
i use gigaport 8 output...... its all exacly as you say in solo mode and the output is difrent for the master......... in live 2.1.2 its work perfect now i dont see the sample load when i click on her like i use to see in version 2.1.2, with the time of the sample on the bottem..............i have no idea why its like that when i go back to 2.1.2 its work perfect in the same setting............

cloud71

Post by cloud71 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:41 pm

hey alex
can u help me .....i can hear plf in live but only from the track....but sample plf no
thx ....

bangpow

Post by bangpow » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:44 pm

actually, I have problems not being able to rpe-listen to my samples also.

I click on it and nothing happens. No blue bar, no audio, nothing.

Although, when i do pull it into and actual track it works.

I only have this problem with 3.0, it works in 2.5.

I use a Dell P4(?) 1.6 ghz processor and and Echo Gina sound card.