Send/Return broken in v6.01?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Alex Reynolds

Send/Return broken in v6.01?

Post by Alex Reynolds » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:26 am

I am sending sound from a MIDI or Audio track to the A Return track. The MIDI or Audio track is configured to send its audio signal to "Sends Only".

If I turn up the B Return dial inside the A Return, no audio is sent from the A Return to the B Return. I can, however, send audio from the MIDI or Audio track to the B Return.

In past versions (v5.02 and earlier) I have been able to route audio signal from the A Return to the B Return, so this seems to be a bug.

In case this is not a bug, is there a setting I need to enable to allow between-Send signal routing?

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:20 am

Yes there is indeed. Left-click (PC) or control-click (Mac) and select Enable Send.

This is now in all channels. You can save your Template Song with sends enabled if you wish.

This was done to save CPU cycles. Apparently, Live is calculating "getting ready" to send to those FX, even when the send is closed. So by switching off the send completely Live doesn't have to use the CPU cycles calulating the effect/preparing the effect in case something sends to it.
Last edited by Pitch Black on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:24 am

Wicked awesome. Thanks so much, Pitch Black!