collect all and save not collecting or saving!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
emptypond

collect all and save not collecting or saving!

Post by emptypond » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:54 am

collect all and save is only working when it feels like, which at the moment is not at all, this sux, anyone else experiencing this? :cry:

version 6

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:28 am

Hi,

Please describe an exact step by step description of the way you are doing things, and tell me where is you project saved. We don't experience this kinf of behaviour so let's try to find out what happens here.

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:27 pm

before when i did collect all and save, it would prompt me for a filename and then save all the samples in a folder of the name i had just given it, but now it doesnt prompt me for anything and doesnt collect any samples, so i reinstalled live, made a blank set with 1 wav and collect all and save worked now.. then i loaded the set that wouldnt save and tried again, and still wouldnt work... then i saved the set that didnt work into the folder i had just collected and saved overwriting the .als and did collect all and save and all the samples ended up there, is this normal behaviour? how can i make it work normally each time ?

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:24 am

Hi,

I bet your 'not working set' was saved either in the Library or in another project folder, and that the samples were saved in that folder, still.

Here it how it works now: you create a set, and you have two options:

-saving it somewhere on the computer in a folder that is not a project yet, so a new project folder will be created. When you collect and save this set, sampes are saved inside the project folder into subfolders that hopefully make sense.

-saving it to an existing Project folder. Then the set will be part of the project, and if you 'collect and save' it, the samples will be saved into the existing sub-folder structure or in new ones if needed. Note that the Library is a Project folder, so it is a better idea to save your own project somewhere else.

Now, Live does not create a '*my set* folder' anymore, containing all of the sounds, but a 'Samples' folder into the Project folder, containing sub folders for imported samples, for processed samples and so on.

Another way to collect and save is to use the Project management tools, that allow you to only include your samples and not the ones from the Library for example, to avoid having the same samples copied all the time. You can access the File Manager by choosing 'Manage files' in the Files menu.

Hope that clarifies a bit, let me know if I can help more.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 pm

indeed the not working set was saved in the library, didnt realize that would be an issue, thanks alot for clarifying, and cheers for the speedy help 8)