6.0.3 doesn't change a thing

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
tomz.biz

Post by tomz.biz » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:19 pm

James Cater wrote:Are you using an Intel or AMD dual core processor ?

There are CPU updates for AMD dual cores that are 2 years newer than the one supplied via Microsoft update.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tec ... 06,00.html
haha, another reason :p

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:45 am

Hey sorry man, but I stand by my reaction to your Chinese parts monger sentence!

All computers are fucking shit

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:18 am

tomz.biz wrote: Such negative reactions... learn some moderation and the meaning of the vocabulary you employ, and try not to take my opinions as insults. Zealots like pointing fingers...

Personally i couldn't care less what my computer is as long as i can use it to make music. I will step out of this discussion at present, because it has degraded from friendly advice into a mac/pc war. Not what i intended, but i see there are people who feel strongly about this issue. Enjoy your war, i'll get back to my music!
I have always used macs, and probably to some here seem like I'm biased towards macs etc. but I thought what you wrote seemed pretty snooty as well. I really don't see how you could chime in on a thread talking about a problem with Live etc. that a PC user is having, and toss in a comment like that, and think it could be took any other way? Where was the help in that? Maybe it would behoove you to take your own advice? :wink:

tomz.biz

Post by tomz.biz » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 am

Yes, i understand. My apologies to all involved!

I'll keep my mac fanatacism to myself in future. Sorry to the original poster, and Happy Holidays to all!

l-rs

Post by l-rs » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 pm

I really have no problems with people liking/loving/advocating their platform, but just saying how happy you are on a different platform isn't helpful.

Ah well.

I manage to work around it for now, but the biggest problem is Live often crashes without noticing it crashed itself (yes, that's an odd sentence).

It goes 'poof'. Windows notices, but I hear they closed down their Ableton Live Bug Hunt department so they could work on Vista, so I'm not sending Redmond any crashlogs. ;)

The Live beta I tested did notice and create stuff for me to send through. 6.0.3 doesn't anymore (I guess it lacks the bug reporting algorithms) so I can only go on what I see.

When dualcore support is OFF everything loads fine. When it's ON when Live loads a set, I see the data/samples/midi... the mouse pointer changes to a hour glass for about a second and it crashes.

I would surmise that after loading the set Live sends out some last code "get ready for this" which trips up Live when it's in dualcore setup. What that is I don't know. I've not had Live crash on me EVER when dualcore support is OFF.

Is there anyone here who had a similar setup (so a Windows machine, XP Pro, dualcore cpu, an ESI ESP1010)?

I'm full out of ideas, see... :?