Why does Live not has this feauture ?! :

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
vanhaze

Why does Live not has this feauture ?! :

Post by vanhaze » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi to all !

I want to use Live first time for a DJ gig.
What i don't understand is why Live doesn't have the following feature :

Say you have 2 audiotracks, each containing a row of clips (tracks)
When there was the ability in Live that a finished playing clip in the most upper slot was deleted and the whole row moved 1 slot up, then you only would have to assign a key shortcut to the 2 uppermost slots.
(Assuming the track order in 1 audiotrack is pre-organized, which i find ok)

Now i find myself assigning a different key shortcut to EACH slot in both 2 audiotracks.

And .. when i want to use a MIDI controller to trigger each slot, i must have like 15 different buttons on it to trigger each separate track (that is , my set will be around 15 tracks, in 1 hour)

This can't be true ..or ... can it ?!!

Maybe i'm missing something in Live, dunno.
Anyway, me, logically thinking how to do a DJ set as easy as possible with a MIDI controlloer, above stated feauture will be making sense i think.

Any thoughts about this ?

Rob.

8)
Rob van Hees
Macbook Pro 15", 8 Gig Ram, Mavericks 10.9, Novation Impulse, Maschine MKII, Live 9.1 (latest beta 64bit), Logic Pro X 10.04, Protools 11.02, just too many plugins.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi,

the feature you are asking for is not thee, but you might consider this:

While in MIDI assign mode, you will see a 'play' button, per track, just where the track's stop button is, above the volume fader.
Then, you'll see just above the Master track fader two 'arrows', for navigating between scenes.

Now, assign two buttons to these arrows, which will allow you to navigate vertically, and one button for each track's play button.
Now with 4 buttons, you can play a XX hours mix on two tracks.

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

vanhaze

Post by vanhaze » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:40 am

Amaury, what can i say ?

You are my hero !

One word : AMAZING :P :oops:
Rob van Hees
Macbook Pro 15", 8 Gig Ram, Mavericks 10.9, Novation Impulse, Maschine MKII, Live 9.1 (latest beta 64bit), Logic Pro X 10.04, Protools 11.02, just too many plugins.