emi2|6

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
nik

emi2|6

Post by nik » Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:35 am

setup mac os 9.2.1 /powerbook titanium g4 400 /750meg ram / live 1.1 /emi 2|6 /mt4 -midi -interface

if i use the external soundcard (emi2|6) i can run up to 10 (max) tracks switching to the internal soundmanager lets me run up to 16 tracks
is this normal or can i tweak my system somehow ?
shouldn\'t it be the other way round that using the external soundcard should make it possible to run more tracks than with the internal soundcard
thankx for any tipps nick

redfish

emi2|6

Post by redfish » Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:07 am

nik wrote: setup mac os 9.2.1 /powerbook titanium g4 400 /750meg ram / live 1.1 /emi 2|6 /mt4 -midi -interface

if i use the external soundcard (emi2|6) i can run up to 10 (max) tracks switching to the internal soundmanager lets me run up to 16 tracks
is this normal or can i tweak my system somehow ?
shouldn\'t it be the other way round that using the external soundcard should make it possible to run more tracks than with the internal soundcard
thankx for any tipps nick
I've had nothing but trouble with the ASIO drivers for my 2/6, and have now resigned to just using the Sound Manager drivers for it. It's depressing, but I'm sick of constant problems which I don't seem to be able to track down to any particular software package.

Reason works fine with the ASIO driver, but Live has problems above 60% CPU usage, which arrives all too soon on the Mac, and Logic won't work at all - I've got to be doing something wrong in the last case, but it won't even play silence (no audio tracks). given that everything in the chain is Emagic, it should just work like magic.

Quite unhappy about this.

emi2|6

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:11 pm

you should try live 1.5. i also have an emi on an ibook and experienced similar problems with live 1.1 above 60% cpu load and asio driver (drop outs). now with 1.5 i can have >70% without any drop outs (or at least very seldom).
i have set the latency to 54ms (large). the emi even works with 20ms (medium)now. however this needs more cpu power and drop outs start at lower cpu load again.
i don't know if other usb audio interfaces are better, but i must say the emi is not what i expected.

LUKas

Post by LUKas » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:48 pm

I bought one yesterday. Brought it home played with the configuration for about two hours, got back into my truck and returned it to guitar center. It sucks. Period. The internal device in my ibook works better and is only a little noiser. Don't buy one its not worth it. I got a set of m-audio studiofile monitors instead which sound real nice, but I think one of them has a little rattle thats worring me. Ohh well.

Luke
www.technoiraudio.com

Neil

Post by Neil » Sat May 04, 2002 8:45 pm

thanks for the replys on the emi 2/6 .. i was about to buy one next week.. now that i see that my powerbooks sound card works better, im gonna invest my money to other more inportant stuff.. like midi controllers!

chris

drop outs!

Post by chris » Sat May 18, 2002 9:12 am

setup mac os 9.2.1 /g4 2x 533 /1 gb ram / live 1.5 /emi 2|6

i have permanently fatal drop outs above 60% cpu !!!
help me please
:cry:

Rx

Post by Rx » Sun May 19, 2002 1:29 pm

I use a 2|6 with my XP box and I can say I'm not terribly impressed. I can't use the monitor outs without it freaking, and Live freaks when the CPU meter approaches 20%. I'll probably be switching to 2000 Pro when I get a laptop, but I'm definitely looking out for a better alternative.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type