Problems with MobilePRE USB and Ableton Live Delta

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ferrantepunto

Problems with MobilePRE USB and Ableton Live Delta

Post by ferrantepunto » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:03 pm

Hi there,

Yesterday I tried to setup my new MobilePRE USB device to work with Ableton Live Delta (bundled). The program installs fine but when I try to play the demo song, no sound comes out. Is this MIDI related? I uninstalled my SB Live card, do I need to have it installed? I've configured the outputs in Ableton to go to the MobilePRE USB.

Am I missing something? The device works perfect with Reason 2.5 and FM7.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

oxball

Post by oxball » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:06 pm

i am using the same software bundle on a 17" imac.

are you trying to listen out through the mobile pre, or the built-in sound system?

you need to set up the sound output in the preferences panel in live.

i am having trouble finding reason from live. i have uninstalled live (delta) and reason (adapted) and tried again, but they will not talk to each other. i have been recording through live and want to use reason to make drums for my music. can anyone help me, too?????

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:16 pm

I didn't think the Delta versions of Live supported Rewire.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:18 pm

Users can upgrade LIVE Delta to the full version of LIVE 2 to gain the more advanced features such as Rewire support and MIDI sync.
http://mixonline.com/ar/audio_ableton_releases_live/

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've set the output in Live through the Mobile Pre and still no sound. But when I set up it to route through the Midi interface, it works. Kind of strange, no?

Does Ableton Live need MIDI to work? If this is right, then Why is it bundled with a product that doesn't have MIDI support?

Thanks.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:26 pm

what platform are you using, and which operating system?