Importing already warped files?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
komodo83uk

Importing already warped files?

Post by komodo83uk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:21 pm

Yo yo party peaps!

I've got a bit of a problem with my Live library...hope someone knows whats goin on!

Basically I've just got a new laptop and installed Live no probs. The problem is that I've copied over my tunes library (with warp files) but Live doesn't seem to read them and I'm having to re-warp all my tunes all over again!!

HELP!! 8O

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi,

Did you also move the asd files?
Are the files mp3?
If you are on PC, did you have Quicktime installed on the former computer, and is it installed on the new computer?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

destruct

Post by destruct » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:18 am

Same kind of error, but I know my reason why they aren't working. I forgot to click save when I warped them the first time. Is there any way I can re-associate and asd file with the mp3? Going back and rewarping will be a nightmare

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri May 04, 2007 8:19 am

destruct wrote:Same kind of error, but I know my reason why they aren't working. I forgot to click save when I warped them the first time. Is there any way I can re-associate and asd file with the mp3? Going back and rewarping will be a nightmare
Hi,

If you saved the set where you warped the tracks, then the warp markers will be at the right place when re-opening the set, even though you did not click the 'save' button in the detail view. So you can open the set and save the asd file.

Otherwise, I'm afraid there is no way you can retrieve your work.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

destruct

Post by destruct » Fri May 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks. Thats what I did a couple of days ago to get them all back.

komodo83uk

New iMac, same problem!!!!

Post by komodo83uk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:28 am

Seem to be getting this problem again!

Just bought a new iMac and moved over my carefully warped library (with analysis files) from my Windows XP laptop and Live won't recognise the warps! It even marks each file as having a warp file (little tick on the icon) but does a sample analysis anyway and completely looses what I'd set on the other machine!!

Do I have to go back and re-warp each of my 300 music files or is there some sort of "Import" function???!?!??!

Amaury

Re: New iMac, same problem!!!!

Post by Amaury » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:41 pm

komodo83uk wrote:Seem to be getting this problem again!

Just bought a new iMac and moved over my carefully warped library (with analysis files) from my Windows XP laptop and Live won't recognise the warps! It even marks each file as having a warp file (little tick on the icon) but does a sample analysis anyway and completely looses what I'd set on the other machine!!

Do I have to go back and re-warp each of my 300 music files or is there some sort of "Import" function???!?!??!
Hi,

Same questions: did you use Quicktime Player when you warped the tracks on the PC and saved the asd files?

If you're unsure, it's worth checking. If it is not the problem, contact support giving details about your setup, and probably sending one of the mp3 files and corresponding asd file.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

TheHollow

Post by TheHollow » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:25 am

i got exactly the same problem... - what does quicktime have to do with it though - thats where i am a little lost.....

can someone explain?
LIVE: Macbook Pro 2.2 | 2gb Ram | Live | Nuendo | Komplete | Alesis Photon X25 | PC-50 | Trigger Finger | Firewire Audiophille | 250gb Ext. HD. |
AT HOME: as above but - Motu 828MkII usb2 | Juno 6

beat8064

Post by beat8064 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 am

help. version 7 has the same issue. anybody get anywhere with this?

djaypee

Re: Importing already warped files?

Post by djaypee » Sat May 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Version 8 has the same problem. I don't understand how Ableton can let this problem of disappearing warps remain from version to version.
I have the mp3 file and the asd file in the same folder. The browser shows that the files have been warped (confirmed by the tick on the icon), but Ableton Live does not show the warps.
How can this be solved?

blastique

Re: Importing already warped files?

Post by blastique » Sat May 28, 2011 4:40 pm

As a rule of thumb, I recommend working with WAVs
JP, come over to the centre, I'll run you through it again :-)
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique