Reaktor 4 in Live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
edymion

Reaktor 4 in Live

Post by edymion » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:42 am

If i open Reaktor 4 in Live is impossible to controll the CC controllers,
the controllers are "unused".
In Reaktor 3 is no problem, i can use the dedicated CC controllers.

Is somebody with the same problem?
Thanks

dub

Post by dub » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:55 pm

hello,

i'm afraid you can't use it in Live.
It doesn't support VSTi.

cheers

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:28 pm

you can use the Reaktor FX, it works withaut a problem and you can load anny ensamble you want, Reaktor will sync ok, but no CC control.
As i sayd Reaktor 3 works but 4 not. Is this a NI problem or a Ableton???

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:57 am

I use sequenced instruments as R4FX and they sync beautifully to Live's clock. You can record via the master outs onto an audio track... it's almost as good as having ReWire...

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:59 pm

OK, i want to Controll Reaktor4......... To use the CC controllers....

username

ableton3<------>reaktor4 as plugin(VSTi)

Post by username » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:37 pm

are there any news for the automation problem for reaktoer4 as a FX VSTi plugn in ableton 3! some knobs, faders work some not?
ableton surface describes everything as "unused" etc. ??
_____________________________________________[size=9][/size]

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:37 am

you need to make sure that the automation id of the controllers you want to use is less than the max automation id in the instruments settings.

(in reaktor)

you can 're-order' the controls (the order that they appear in the ableton automation list and edit pane) by changing the automation id of controls manually in reaktor. you will need to reload the ensemble to achieve this.

the fastest way to do this is to save the ensemble as a vst fx bank (using ableton). when you load these into ableton it will load your chosen ensemble (it doesn't make a copy of the ensemble) for you. that way you can load & save ensembles without opening the reaktor interface.

Tim York

Post by Tim York » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:45 am

noisetonepause, you're a star. i didn't realise you could do that, didn't think to try. now i can use my olde fave, sinebeats again. none of this works in logic. logic's clock fails to restart the sequences in Reaktor4 at the right time when looping. The only way I could get any success was in OS9 linking Reakto standalone via midi clock. Now I can use the sequences in OSX again, thanks to you.

Tim

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:58 pm

bensuthers, kan you say again? please, in a normal language
for dumy's :?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:07 pm

still not working,
i don't konow what i am dooing wrong ?????

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:49 pm

I got it to work for the DSQ32 !
Bensuthers wrote:
you need to make sure that the automation id of the controllers you want to use is less than the max automation id in the instruments settings.

(in reaktor)

First do that,
then you should see in lives fx automation (in session view) a lot of unused or DSQ32:......:.....(but the name is to long)
Try to change the presets in Live (all unused) and there should appear more and more DSQ32: like parameters. You can also click on the different parameters in Lives automation and they will change in DSQ: parameters.
Now you have to rename in Reaktor the whole instrument as empty space and save the ensemble.
Back in Live clicking on the different params will change them in something like :BassDrum:p...
Next step is to look in Reaktor for a controller and right click "show in ..." and there look for a module named BassDrum and change it into BD.
Go back to Live and (very shity)click on the different params until your :BD:pitch or something appears.
So you have to rename everything you need! 8O
Now I inserted a stereofile recorder in Reaktor, renamed it and automated the record button in arranger view to exactly 2 bars and dunno!
Now save the wave to a file and grab it into Live from the file browser.
Good Luck!
Greetings! 8)

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:13 pm

Hello again!
You have to move the fader in Ableton`s automation window (in session view) that the parameters appear, clicking only is not enough!
I can even control my presets from the DSQ32 now in Live´s automation after saving an user preset.
I checked out for the Vierring synth, there I got the automation to work but not the presets.
Greetings! 8)