Why Does "Warp" Randomly Set The Wrong Tempo?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ekko

Why Does "Warp" Randomly Set The Wrong Tempo?

Post by ekko » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:52 am

This happens a LOT. I'll drap a loop over to the track window and the warp box down at the bottom sets the tempo to double or, more oddly, nearly double the loop's original tempo. It even does this when the song is set to the same tempo as the loop. I then get this ugly flammy sound from the loop, and SOMETIMES I can type in the correct tempo and sometimes I can't. This is very aggrivating, as I haven't been able to pin down when or why it does this, and it renders the program completely useless for live use for me, as I never know when a loop is going to get messed up.

I'm using Live 3.0.2 on two different Macs, one running 10.3 and one running 10.2. Both with 800 mhz G4 processors.

The really odd thing is that this only recently started happening, yet I haven't made any changes to my system in weeks! Oh, and it was doing this before I upgraded to 3.0.2, I thought that might fix it, but it didn't.

Help? Thanks!

Ekko

bohemian

any luck...

Post by bohemian » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:11 pm

Hey E,

Any solution to this yet?

Bo

ekko

Post by ekko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:44 am

None yet.

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:37 pm

I experience the same problem:
live 4 in rewire mode with logic, song tempo 93bpm. I want to use a sample (precisely 4 bars length, conga 1/8 and 1/16 offbeats) in live 4. The warp box detects a original bpm of 104,63, which is of course nonsense. The problem is that the original bpm can not be altered... when I type 93bpm, it returns to 104,63.

I hadn't used live for about a year, exactly because of this warp tempo problems, but I thought this had been solved by now.
Any suggestions?

Peter :?
Live 12.0.1; Push 2; Mac OS 12.7.4

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:29 pm

make sure the last marker on the clip isn't yellow
double click it if it is (2 make not yellow)
you can use the yellow markers to warp certain sections of the loop

hit warp on and off make sure it doesn't turn yellow again and then enter the tempo
it (live) gets confused sometimes i think it uses the loop length to guess at the tempo

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:19 pm

ok, your recipe worked. thanks a lot, mike!:D
Maybe it is confusing for live when there is no sound at the very beginning of the sample.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:32 pm

just one thing that won't solve your prob, but might be usefull:
once you've set the good tempo/warping, make sure you click on 'save' in the clip properties. like this, the next time you'll load it, it will come with everything set correctly (better for live use).

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:46 am

I sometimes keep incorrect tempo loop settings and warp them anyway.
Oddly enough you can get some great polyrythmic grooves happening due to this error if you're prepared to mess around with the warp markers enough . 8O 8O :lol:
In other words it's a bug that soemtimes works in your favour :) .
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....