Rewire Blasted with Version 3.2 !

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
wildcon

Rewire Blasted with Version 3.2 !

Post by wildcon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:47 am

:(

I tried to open Live and Cubase yesterday with Live running as the slave through Cubase and I got an error message saying there was a problem with the rewire setup.

I closed everything down rebooted and tried again and the rewire connection seems to have been lost.

It was fine with Live 2.2

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this.

Any help appreciated.

I really dont want to have to reinstall

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:12 pm

Hi wildcon,

be sure that you have started Live 3.0.2 once standalone to install it's ReWire engine part. Be also sure that the "Release ASIO driver in background" option in Cubase is disabled (not checked).

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:42 am

Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

I have run Live as a stand alone, before running Cubase.

I have checked 'Release ASIO driver' to run other programs.

I will try unchecking it. I presumed it needed to be checked, to allow live to playback as well.

I checked for the rewire.dll and is has actually been erased (Blasted).

Do you know if I can copy the rewire.dll file back into the correct folder or do i have to reinstall Cubase SX2 or Live (really don't want to do that).

I presume it will be within the cubase directory, although i seem to remember it being installed into one of the windows system folders ?

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:00 pm

When you want to run Cubase as ReWire master you have to disable (uncheck) this "Release ASIO driver in background" option. Otherwise it will not work.

You can copy the ReWire.dll manually. But I ask me why the "ReWire.dll" file is gone? The "ReWire.dll" should be in "..\Windows\system\" as well in "...\Windows\system32\"

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:42 pm

Thanks Alex,

When the Rewire error message came up the system hung, and I had to restart (turn off power).

When I restarted cubase 'Live' no longer showed up in the Cubase device list.

I did a search for 'rewire.dll' and the only one that came up was the one I had previously copied to a seperate folder (There was a problem with rebirth overwriting the newer version so I downloaded newer version).

Is the rewire file I need generated fron Cubase or from Live.

If it is from live, I will have to reinstall the program, I guess.
Can I use the same unlock code if I have to do this.

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:50 pm

HI again,

The idea of the "ReWire.dll" is simply, that every ReWire application (master or slave) checks the dll when installing for an newer one. The original ReWire.dll itself comes from Propellerheads as the creator of ReWire.

When you install Live again to the same directory you don't need to unlock again at all because the preferences files will not be deleted or overwritten.

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:20 am

Did a reinstall of last night and everything is running fine.

Being able to play soft synths over the live track is excellent.

Thanks for all the help and advice.