Midi Mapping Help

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
LyleUppingham

Midi Mapping Help

Post by LyleUppingham » Sat May 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Im trying to Map navigation commands with Live's Midi Mapping and my MPD 24. Im looking to DJ, not use this as my DAW, and I want to lessen the importance of a mouse (I like to be hands on rather than clicking). I want to use the triggers on my pad to navigate the clips, and I want to use the knobs to zoom in and out, adjust cueing positions, and the looping capability of a desired track

I have Bome's Midi Translator, and it has sort of solved my problem, and Im even able to use the Transport Controls that only send MMCs to record in a clip, and launch clips. But, the problem comes in when I try to use the faders on the MPD with the faders on the screen.

Life would be simple if Bome and Live's Mapping could work at the same damn time... Anyone have a solution? I'd rather use Live exclusively just cause I dont want any programs taking up resources.

LyleUppingham

Post by LyleUppingham » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:14 am

You know what, nevermind. Seeing that either no one knows, or no one gives a fuck (I dont mean you Luxdivon). Either way, if anyone knows of a way to map those functions in live I'd love to know, but I have found a temporary solution for those who might be curious.

I realized that I had a Nostromo n52 in my closet that I had picked up for gaming. It is shit when it comes down to Counter Strike, and my hands are already trained to the keyboard. Although, It has a great editor to map keyboard buttons as well as make your own macros, which (I havent tried yet) should be able to cover all the functions I would need it for. Its got a d pad so I can cycle through the clips with ease, and even has this fatty red button above it that I will use for the overdubbing.

Its like 30 bucks the last time I checked, and I dont want another device, but it will work for now. As for the MPD, I am going to use that for effects, and use the faders for (obviously) the faders on the screen. With the saved relestate now, I can put that Glitch VST to better use, lol.